Shutterbug's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Uploading multiple photos to one location

Just wondering, I came across a location recently which I thought I would ask advice on. What is the policy on uploading the same picture if it represents multiple pins at the same location? 

The example I give is a doctor's surgery, which has a pin. There are also 5 pins for each of the named doctors there, plus a pharmacy which has a pin, meaning for one location (and one photo) there are 7 entries.

Using the same image for all entries wouldn't be considered spam in this circumstance, would it? Surely not? Thoughts please!

12 comments
Level 9

Re: Uploading multiple photos to one location

@Shutterbug  I have grappled with this question a lot and had agreed with you initially. Then I found a policy post that was clear. It said a photo cannot be posted multiple times. I am paraphrasing but it was clear.  I think that a listing with the same entrance for multiple locations and or same exterior would make sense, but I have deleted any and all I have taken like that since I do not want to have a low-quality profile. In my list of photos, it just looks bad.  I was in NY city yesterday if you took an entrance shot of a skyscraper that has a 1, 000 companies in it would it make sense to post that one shot on 1,000 profiles? It does tell visitors what to expect in the lobby area. Would you move to slightly different position 1,000 times in the lobby or entrance?  Is it a sort of gray area?  Maybee but I do not.    Finally, I found it here is the link to duplicate photo's policy. It is now pretty clear and I had not seen it before.  "Images or videos that have been uploaded repetitively are considered spam and will be removed."  They do have the computer power to find them. Hope this helps.

Level 10

Hi @Shutterbug the guidelines are clear, these are duplicated photos. So you should not upload the same photo to different POI, although could seem common sense.

Level 8

How should I upload it then? As stated above, by taking a snap and stepping to the side then taking another, time after time? 

I have to admit, for this scenario, the guidelines appear flawed.

Level 10

@Shutterbug wrote:

How should I upload it then? As stated above, by taking a snap and stepping to the side then taking another, time after time? 

I have to admit, for this scenario, the guidelines appear flawed.

Yes, if you can, enter, and take a picture of the inside door; eventually they will have a plate next of the door.

Level 8

I understand that is possible,  the problem I have is I am trying to make maps more functional and helpful, and if someone was to look up the doctor in my original scenario, a picture of an internal door with a name plate on will not help them picture it's location!

Level 8

For a Doctor's POI, I expect a photo of the Doctor.  As the Clinic has a separate POI, we have a Store Front Phone added to the Clinic is enough.

For the Pharamcy, are they sharing the same Store Front?

I remember one photos with 3 ATM machines inside, cleary indicating which BANK network each of them belong to, personally I will NOT report this Photo as duplicated uploads.

But each of us can have diferent understanding of the same Rules.

Level 8

For a doctor's POI you expect a picture of the doctor themselves?!

Level 8

Yes.

Level 8

In terms of mapping areas, and helping to reach destinations, a picture of a human face isn't as helpful as a picture showing the building in which the human can be found within though, surely?! 

Plus taking pictures of people is a privacy law minefield. 

(I understand both sides of this btw, I'm not being argumentative, just inviting a discussion - I find whenever a 'blanket rule' is applied to something, there are always exceptions to consider)