TaRan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Uploading Duplicate Photos

Lately, when I write a review of a place and include photos with my review, my photos appear twice under the photos for a location. Why are they being duplicated?

A separate, but related question... if I add photos to a location, and then separately write a review of said location, why do my photos not appear as part of my review?

Edit: Edited for clarity.

Del Taco, East-West Connector, Smyrna, GA, USA
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Uploading Duplicate Photos

Sorry for the bad experience, @TaRan.

Take a look at Duplicate pictures uploaded when there's a slow or bad internet connection. It answers your question.

Just for your information you can also take a look at Re: Issues w/ uploading videos to Maps + reviews/photos missing.

Technical issues are common nowadays everywhere. After all, almost the whole world is digitized. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Hi @TaRan,

Thanks for reaching out.

This is because uploading photos and uploading reviews, with or without photo, are considered different types of contributions. 

Please have in mind, we'd appreciate you keeping the content on Google Maps clean and taking all duplicate photos you might have uploaded of. 

You can read more about the different types of contributions in Contribute to Google Maps and earn points.

Also, I,m moving your post to the General Discussion board, where it'd fit better.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

Sorry, I don't think I was very clear in my original post. I understand what you're saying, but the last place I reviewed I attached pictures to my review. Then when I went to look at the pictures for the location, to see if my pictures appeared, there were duplicates. I had only uploaded them the one time, through my review. I did not upload them separately as part of the photos for the place, only as part of my review, and they appeared twice. This has happened the last few times I've made a review and included photos. 

Solution

Sorry for the bad experience, @TaRan.

Take a look at Duplicate pictures uploaded when there's a slow or bad internet connection. It answers your question.

Just for your information you can also take a look at Re: Issues w/ uploading videos to Maps + reviews/photos missing.

Technical issues are common nowadays everywhere. After all, almost the whole world is digitized. 🙂

Level 6

Thanks for the links. I think my problem might be a"bad internet connection." I have noticed several times, in certain areas, where my photos partially upload, then get hung up. That's probably the case here. Perhaps I should wait until I get to a WiFi area to upload in the future.

Regardless, thanks for the assistance.