VladislavsZarovs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Transffering Google maps geotags from timeline to Adobe LightRoom

Hi everybody! 

My name is Vlad Zharoff, 5.level local guide from Latvia, Riga. 

This is my first discussion, so please do not judge me. I am trying to get some new experience and I want to share with You my knowledge and maybe get some advice from You! 

I am moving a lot around all the worlds making pictures. I have several photo cameras and other devices, like Canon, Sony, Samsung, Ricoh. In case if I am traveling with different cameras, first thing is that I need to synchronize times on all of them. Second thing I need is to know all my change of locations according to geotags, to have a possibility later to put all the pictures into google street view. Earlier I have been using special app, which marks location every-2-3 minutes and records data in .GPX format. This app influences a charge of my smartphone very seriously, so I had to quit using this app. After that I have started to use tags on a timeline from google maps. A format I can record these data in is .KML. In order to use received data in Adobe lightroom later, I can transfer data from .KML to .GPX. Is it possible to download data from google maps timeline already in .GPX? And can I add my own timeline setting, to have a chance to register my location every 2-3 minutes, or 5-10 minutes etc? It would be a good function to make data more precise and have a possibility to easily add geo-location to the pictures. This is very important aspect in case if You are visiting place for a first time and later You have to remember where picture was taken. 

Had everybody similar difficulties before? What are Your suggestions?