MarkS-TX's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Transfer Photos Rights - Pros and Cons?

Transferring Rights to a client seems like a good idea but in practice is a bad idea. 

Transferring Rights problems:

1. The photographer can no longer modify and and edit the virtual tour. This is bad for follow up customer support and new business with the client.
  2. Republishing a modified tour will duplicate panos previously transferred to the business owner.
  3. The photographer cannot delete transferred photos prompting an awkward conversation with the client instructing them to login to their account, go to Maps and look in their contributions tab for the their panos, manually delete each pano.
  4. Transferring Rights to a business with a verified Google Business Place page seems to make the photos impossible to manage. There is no Google Drive support for Business pages. Apparently the photos can only be found on Google Drive Photos and not in Google Photos. Owners of Google Business pages cannot access transferred photos using their Drive login. 
United States
3 comments
Level 10

Re: Transfer Photos Rights - Pros and Cons?

Another con is that the whole transfer process is clumsy and slow.

Level 7

I'm sorry if this is not the correct place to ask for help, but I have problems with transfer rights for my clients.

When I transfer rights I loose the connections ( https://goo.gl/maps/ipZwzGMDtMR2or I loose the images (https://goo.gl/maps/jadBmBfeygS2

Can you help, please?

Level 7

Does transfer of rights incur the legal transfer of copyright too?

@MarkS-TX wrote:

Transferring Rights to a client seems like a good idea but in practice is a bad idea. 

Transferring Rights problems:

1. The photographer can no longer modify and and edit the virtual tour. This is bad for follow up customer support and new business with the client.
  2. Republishing a modified tour will duplicate panos previously transferred to the business owner.
  3. The photographer cannot delete transferred photos prompting an awkward conversation with the client instructing them to login to their account, go to Maps and look in their contributions tab for the their panos, manually delete each pano.
  4. Transferring Rights to a business with a verified Google Business Place page seems to make the photos impossible to manage. There is no Google Drive support for Business pages. Apparently the photos can only be found on Google Drive Photos and not in Google Photos. Owners of Google Business pages cannot access transferred photos using their Drive login. 

Kent Johnson