RussKH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Top opportunities to contribute.

I recently took delivery of a 360° camera so have been adding 360° shots of my local area. I keep getting the 'Top opportunities to contribute' message which highlights specific businesses in the area which would benefit from a 360° images. Have these businesses made a specific request for a image or is this just a recommendation from Google? It's one thing to take a 360° in a public place but another to take one indoors at a private business (for instance, one of the businesses where Google suggests there is an opportunity to take photos of has recently had a serious burglary - I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable suggesting Google has told me there is an opportunity to take 360° images on their property at this time). Are we expected to suggest to the business that they need an image? Can anyone define the parameters of the 'opportunity' that Google is inviting us to take advantage of.

Screenshot_20170430-155757.png

Russell Holden
Cumbria, United Kingdom
10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Top opportunities to contribute.

Hi @Russell no, these are not owner requests, but only suggestions from Google based on the fact they have claimed their business or they are lacking photography. Business owners that have already joined Google My business program have a button on their console to ask for a quotation from some svt photographers in the area. I receive some of these requests each week and consider that often the owners don't know what they are asking for. 

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi @Russell no, these are not owner requests, but only suggestions from Google based on the fact they have claimed their business or they are lacking photography. Business owners that have already joined Google My business program have a button on their console to ask for a quotation from some svt photographers in the area. I receive some of these requests each week and consider that often the owners don't know what they are asking for. 

Level 5

I can be able to opportunity my mobile camera for local guide photo updating. I think google can be able to give us google drown to take 360 degre photograph and vdo for updating google map. Pls everybody should think about it.
Level 10

Thank you LucioV, this is the answer I was looking for.

I didn't want to find myself in the situation where I was sitting in a restaurant with a 360 camera and realise I was an uninvited guest!

My aim is to progress to being a Google approved photographer and get requests from local businesses for such a service.

Thanks again.

Russ

Russell Holden
Level 5

Drone needed drone. Pls send me a reply to think about insolvent of drone for google photo updating.
Level 8

@শখআ

Hi,
Just a friendly nudge to say that we are suppose to stay on topic of the original thread. Your post has its own merits and I highly recommend that you post it under the Feature Request section of the Local Guides Connect Forum.

In that case your request will get the attention of the LG Team and does invite other Local Guides to participate in your discussion. That discussion, however, does not belong here 😉

Thanks. When you do post, please tag me, so I can participate in your discussion. I am interested.

Cheers!

Best wishes,

Jeroen

Level 10

Sorry, I don't understand - what was the subject of the original thread?

Russell Holden
Level 8

@RussKH

No worries. You are the one who started this thread and you asked about clarification regarding the messages you are getting from Google in relation to 360 opportunities. Our fellow Local Guide, @শখআ, posted something in your discussion/ thread, that is not related to your topic.  To enable other Local Guides to know what is being discussed and not to create total chaos, the person that starts a thread with the initial post, advertises the subject to others with its title (so other know what it is about, before they decide to open the post) and those that participate in the discussion/ answer the question, are supposed to stay on topic, meaning, do not start a different discussion under the umbrella of another post. In that case, it is desirable to start a new post in the appropriate Board section of our Local Guides Connect community.

Our friend, @শখআ, was asking for Google to consider Drone photos, besides 360 photos, and I was saying that is a new discussion all together.

😉

In your case, @RussKH, it seems that you got an answer to your question. In that case, it is good practice to close the discussion as resolved, by selecting the answer. This gives other Local Guides the info that you no longer need help AND gives credit to (in this case @LucioV) that he helped you out by answering your question.

In case some people reading this are new to our community, here are our general do's and don'ts:

dosanddonts.jpg 

Best regards, Jeroen

Level 5

Ok I realized

@JeroenM wrote:

@শখআ

Hi,
Just a friendly nudge to say that we are suppose to stay on topic of the original thread. Your post has its own merits and I highly recommend that you post it under the Feature Request section of the Local Guides Connect Forum.

In that case your request will get the attention of the LG Team and does invite other Local Guides to participate in your discussion. That discussion, however, does not belong here 😉

Thanks. When you do post, please tag me, so I can participate in your discussion. I am interested.

Cheers!

Best wishes,

Jeroen

my mistake sir. thanks

Level 8

@শখআ

No worries. You are welcome.

Happy mapping, Jeroen