Jesi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Tips for 360 photography

Hi, I recently bought my first 360 camera, the LG 360 cam. 

I am thinking of buying a 64gb micro sd card, but I don't know how many photospheres will I be able so save there, or how fast should the card be.

I also thought of using as a tripod a Manfrotto mini pixi with a generic monopod, I know it would fall if there's wind, but would that be safe for indoor use? 

Any tips or recommendations on micro sd cards, tripods, apps, or 360 photography in general would be really helpful.

Thank you!

8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Tips for 360 photography

I currently use the LG 360 and purchased a 64 GB card, but I never seem to use more then 8gb of its space. Panos seem to compress to about 5.5 mb each, so figure 6gb for a safety margin. At this size you could fit 2,600++ panos on a 16 GB card. I always unload the card to my PC after each days shooting, backup the images to external storage and clean the panos off the SD card .

View solution in original post

Level 10

@Jesi wrote:

Hi, I recently bought my first 360 camera, the LG 360 cam. 

I am thinking of buying a 64gb micro sd card, but I don't know how many photospheres will I be able so save there, or how fast should the card be.

I also thought of using as a tripod a Manfrotto mini pixi with a generic monopod, I know it would fall if there's wind, but would that be safe for indoor use? 

Any tips or recommendations on micro sd cards, tripods, apps, or 360 photography in general would be really helpful.

Thank you!

Don't worry about speed, the bitrate from this camera is not so high to require an high speed card.

I use a minitripod manfrotto + extension stick, my Theta fall, once, and opend in two parts 🙂 Wind could be a serious issue, if you raise up the cam over 30-40 cm.

Level 8
Solution

I currently use the LG 360 and purchased a 64 GB card, but I never seem to use more then 8gb of its space. Panos seem to compress to about 5.5 mb each, so figure 6gb for a safety margin. At this size you could fit 2,600++ panos on a 16 GB card. I always unload the card to my PC after each days shooting, backup the images to external storage and clean the panos off the SD card .

Connect Moderator

@JoeCullity Thank you! I won't buy a 64gb card then. Can you tell me what kind of tripod do you use, if you use one?

Level 8

@Jesi I'm not sure of its name. Need to go out to my car and look. I switched to one of those long polls with skinny legs. My only compliant is that even a gentile wind blows it over and could ruin the camera. I'm thinking of going to a music instrument store and buying a "Comic" style mic stand with a heavy base and epoxy glueing a tripod screw to its top.

Level 8

Could always try a photographic light stand, they extend to 2metres and have a folding tripod base. I currently use a section of 40mm PVC duct, cut into 3 sections with joiners. The camera is attached by a 1/4"bolt thru a 40mm duct cap, basically it was stuff I had lying around, but I'm after a light stand.

Level 8

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sLpawht8cKt80w5j7rMVQKcCEmBy4Mjr/view?usp=drivesdk  , my new photographic light stand with Gear360 attached. The legs are only just visible in the shots and could easily be disguised so you don't have to resort to image manipulation

Level 9

Is tripod a must ?

Is using a Tripod a MUST ?
I have ordered a Xiaomi Mi Sphere. So Can't I shoot in hand held mode ?

Level 8

Re: Is tripod a must ?

You can take a 360 anyway you want/can, the reason for a tripod is so that you are not in the scene