VBenedict's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

There Is Always Room for Improvement...

Many times I stop and stare at visually unattractive and technically poor photos just to analyze what makes them so.  I stop and stare not only at other peoples photos but of course my own as well 🤔

How could I have framed this better to at the very list make it editable?How could I have framed this better to at the very list make it editable?

Studying bad or good images helps me learn to be a better photographer by attempting not to make the same mistakes.  If to the contrary, it is a great image; reusing and adapting those intuitive skills that attracted me to successfully snap the frame.

Did I capture the story? Did I highlight the message?Did I capture the story? Did I highlight the message?

When analyzing my images, I think back at what I was feeling, what I was seeing, what made me stop to frame the shot and snap the shutter...  especially if and when the visual was an unplanned impromptu.

As I was passing by on my way...As I was passing by on my way...

By the same token when analyzing an outstanding photo out in the social wild; I ask myself...

What makes an photo a great photo?

Is it the subject?

Is it the photographer's objective?  Or perhaps it is the vision the photographer had when when s/he snapped the shutter.

This Trillion got my attention...This Trillion got my attention...

Is there an energy transferred from the photographer's vision while framing his/her subject into the captured image?

ImpromptuImpromptu

This is what I am investigating as I strive to be the best I can be as a photographer... and a writer for that matter.

Fast moving Photo Pop-Opp...Fast moving Photo Pop-Opp...

Is a technically correct photo beautiful or outstanding by default?

Or is it perhaps only when lighting, perspective, angle, framing and subject are all in subliminal concert manipulated by the tools at hand: The Camera and the Vision.

Walking by...Walking by...

Photos: Virginia Benedict 🕊

Beauty&Lifestyles™ Curator

Google Maps Local Guide

Ossining, NY, USA
14 comments
Level 8

There Is Always Room for Improvement...

Many times I stop and stare at visually unattractive and technically poor photos just to analyze what makes them so.  I stop and stare not only at other peoples photos but of course my own as well 🤔

How could I have framed this better to at the very list make it editable?How could I have framed this better to at the very list make it editable?

Studying bad or good images helps me learn to be a better photographer by attempting not to make the same mistakes.  If to the contrary, it is a great image; reusing and adapting those intuitive skills that attracted me to successfully snap the frame.

Did I capture the story? Did I highlight the message?Did I capture the story? Did I highlight the message?

When analyzing my images, I think back at what I was feeling, what I was seeing, what made me stop to frame the shot and snap the shutter...  especially if and when the visual was an unplanned impromptu.

As I was passing by on my way...As I was passing by on my way...

By the same token when analyzing an outstanding photo out in the social wild; I ask myself...

What makes an photo a great photo?

Is it the subject?

Is it the photographer's objective?  Or perhaps it is the vision the photographer had when when s/he snapped the shutter.

This Trillion got my attention...This Trillion got my attention...

Is there an energy transferred from the photographer's vision while framing his/her subject into the captured image?

ImpromptuImpromptu

This is what I am investigating as I strive to be the best I can be as a photographer... and a writer for that matter.

Fast moving Photo Pop-Opp...Fast moving Photo Pop-Opp...

Is a technically correct photo beautiful or outstanding by default?

Or is it perhaps only when lighting, perspective, angle, framing and subject are all in subliminal concert manipulated by the tools at hand: The Camera and the Vision.

Walking by...Walking by...

Photos: Virginia Benedict 🕊

Beauty&Lifestyles™ Curator

Google Maps Local Guide

Level 9

Re: There Is Always Room for Improvement...

Thanks @VBenedict!

Your photos attract my attention,they are outstanding and  amazing.You have an own point of view,that make your photo nice.

I like your photo---Fast moving photo Pop-Opp.The women is very pretty and attractive.,and photo-Walking by.

Best wishes and creative success,

Inga

Level 8

@helga19  thank you.  But I can't find my post in the Photography board's "Recent" posts or otherwise... nor anywhere public but in my profile.

@LawrenceNYC  @Atsukot  anyone? Please?

Shouldn't my post be at least in the "Recent" posts in photography? Especially since I finally was able to post after a myriad of errors and crashings losing 85% of my content each time.

Oh Gosh! I can't hardly wait until the Connect Platform becomes stable and secure for a change.

Level 9

@VBenedictI see your post in PHOTOGRAPHY.I see your photos in Recent.

Don't worry!

My best wishes,

Level 8

So why am I not able to see it?  In my profile it is showing twice.  That is what happened with my Wine post in the Food Board.

And with the same hardship when attempting to write and publish my post.

Level 9

May be something is going wrong in your Browser....

Sorry,I don't know what is happened.

Have a nice day today!

Google Moderator

Hey @VBenedict,

Thank you so much for sharing these great photos and tips. I am sure that will be helpful for other Local Guides. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hello @Ivi_Ge  How are you?

Yes, I hope that it will be helpful for everyone, from experts to novices alike.  The intent is that we all keep learning from each other.

Google Moderator

@VBenedict

Thank you, I am really good. How about you?

I am not experts, but it was really interesting and helpful for me. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!