LudwigGermany's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: The Great Photography Tutorial / How To / Tips Collection

Thanks for the mention @LudwigGermany! Very much honoured to be on the list!! And fantastic links to all the others too! We have so much to learn from everybody else! 

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Connect Moderator

I added 7 tips for shooting great 360 photos with your smartphone by @SonyaN today. There were a lot of helpful how to and tips posts lately - send me your bookmarks please!

Please mention me with @LudwigGermany on your reply, so I get notified

Connect Moderator   Maps   Instagram   Twitter 

Level 8

@LudwigGermany wrote:

As a community moderator, I am often asked where to find help on a particular topic or how to do something. I must honestly admit that I know the official contributions, but I have to search a lot on specific topics. But there are so many experts among the Local Guides who write really good articles. If you would find them, they could be of great help. I would like to create a collection of the best articles, sort them into categories and create a kind of guide to photography on Connect.

I can't do this alone, we are a community! So please look into your bookmarks and tell me which posts were most helpful for you.

One more remark: since we are very internationally positioned here, there are of course also super great contributions in German, Spanish,... So turn on the translation and watch these contributions too. It's worth it!

Contribute_X.jpg

Contribute Photos to Maps

Pano_X.jpg

360 Degree Photography

Food_X.jpg

Food Photography

Indoor_X.jpg

Indoor Photography

Outdoor_X.jpg

Outdoor and Building Photography

Social_X.jpg

Sharing in Social Channels

Thank you Ludwig.

Having all these in one place is a good thing.

Connect Moderator

I added How to insert 360° photo in a Local Guides Connect post by @JohnnyE

There were a lot of helpful how to and tips posts lately - send me your bookmarks please!

Please mention me with @LudwigGermany on your reply, so I get notified

Connect Moderator   Maps   Instagram   Twitter 

Level 9

Thanks for mentioning me @LudwigGermany. Glad you found my tutorial as helpful.

Regards,

Johnny..

Level 8

Thank you so much for sharing such a useful post. It was informative.

Level 8

Photos that perform.

Howdy!

The photos baffle me sometimes. I am not a professional photographer, but I do try and put some forethought into pics when I have the chance. The photos that I think are the most improbably often perform with more views than some that I think are really good shots and should do well.

I've not been doing this too long, like most of you I assume, but perhaps someone can tell me what they think attracts viewers.

This photo currently has more views than any other in my portfolio. Coming up on a hundred thousand looks. I know that is nothing compared to many but it's my biggest. Like most of the other high performers, there are no (or few) people in the shot (so it's still life). Most are restaurants. 

Often, when I'm at a restaurant, I try and get my server, or one of the other staff, to let me take a photo of them. I just tell them it's for Google and most comply and do it with fun. I would think pics like these would attract more viewers, but that is not the case at all. Those pictures of servers get very few views at all. It just amazes me.

Who can tell me about this phenomena?https://goo.gl/maps/9rmyFQKFcVt

Thanks!

Danny

Danny
Former Google Contributor

Re: Photos that perform.

Hi @Threesixtography,

Thanks for reaching out.

There is this really amazing Great Photography Tutorial / How To / Tips Collection. by @LudwigGermany. He has collected a lot of useful information about everything related to contributing photos on Maps, 360 Degree, Food, Indoor, Outdoor and Building Photography and also Sharing in Social Channels.

5 tips to take stunning photos on your phone from a Local Guide Level 8 I think will answer your concrete questions in greatest detail.

If you are interested in 360° Photography Some 360° Photo Tips might came in handy. 

You might also be happy to follow the Photo of the week. It is chosen based on a variety of criteria: location, subject matter, and image quality (but not view counts) factor into our selection.

You can learn even more about high quality photography and lighting tips to increase your chances of being selected. Featured photos are taken by actual Local Guides around the world who have uploaded them to places on Google Maps. We do not accept submissions for featured photos.

Have a good time learning and photographing, I am looking forward to see what comes out 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Thank you loads!

Danny
Level 8

Hey there @IrrPavlova,

The first link you provided, on great links, says I don't have sufficient privileges to view that. Are there hoops I must jump through? Please advise and thank you kindly!

Danny

Danny