Nailzz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Taking photos as a passion

Hi Local Guides!

I currently live in New Zealand and occasionally visit new places. New Zealand is a beautiful country and millions of tourists visit this country every year. I love sharing the photos I take from my trips on Google maps so that visitors can see what they will experience before actually planning their trip.

What are your thoughts on sharing photos?

Auckland, New Zealand
5 comments
Level 8

Re: Taking photos as a passion

My advice, don’t try to take professional photos, but, capture the moment, the vision of how you see it! What attracted you to the location or destination and what you like  about it! 

What gives you the sparkle in your eyes.

Level 6

Sharing photos is always a great way to let people see the places we've been before they decide to visit. Helpful ^^ 

Level 6

Cool!! New Zealand is a wonderful country!! I have friends from there too!!

At the moment of sharing pictures, one wants to show to the people something memorable of its travels, sometimes even the feelings that could transmit those portraits like peace, nature, party, action, everything in that moment. Just take the view is the greatest for you being original!! 

Greetings from Mexico!!

Level 7

I love sharing photos of our beautiful New Zealand as well. We are so privileged to live in such a beautiful country.

DebbyNZ
Level 8

You're spoilt for choice with locations in New Zealand. I love to share local photos as well.

I think it is helpful to include a caption to your photo... such as if it's at the end of a long walk, or the high point of the track. Sometimes I add that a certain building entrance is on the corner of xx and yy street, as that is not always clear from the map, but you can add it to the photo information. Or saying this is the western aspect of the mountain or the view toward the Waikato river etc.

I like photos on nice days, which may show a tourist spot at its best, but that isn't always realistic, and can set people up to think that the weather is always great, and that New Zealand is always picture book perfect, when it's not. But there are great photos taken of those same places when the weather is inclement - you just might need to look a bit harder to get the best viewpoint when it's raining or overcast. Capturing an activity, rather than just a view, can be more interesting. Don't neglect old and interesting stuff either. The quirky, the funny, the quaint, or the out-of-place element. Night photos are often missing on Google, so more of those would be nice.

Generally what you like the look of in a panoramic (or other type of) view is also going to be something others will appreciate, so take photos of things you like or admire.