Claire-dental-desi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Street view editor

Hi, 

I'm a trusted google photographer, but wondering how long I'm going to have to wait or what I need to do to be able to edit my 360 images together so it appears as a 'see inside' on google?

Im currently on level 4 as a local guide, and did hear you had to be on level 5 before you could edit together and become listed for hire?

Any suggestions?

thanks, 

Claire.

36 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Street view editor

Hi @Claire-dental-desi, the seeinside is a feature actually available only for tours submitted by street view editor.

The SV editor is available only for those that were SV|T photographer BEFORE july 2016, as like me.

As Program Manager of SV|T Charles Armstrong told us during the first SV|T convention in Amsterdam, the SV editor will not receive updates and, eventually, will be discontinued.

So, if you are a new SV|T photographer you should use the new SV APP tool to upload spheres and link them into a virtual tour: the result will be visible in the 360 carrousel both from mobile and desktop versions of Google Maps.

Welcome aboard!

Here i resume the conditions of the new program:

If you are eligible to become "Trusted Photographer", the team of Streetview Trusted program will send you an email with informations regarding the program and how to apply.
There are some new requirements to be eligible, here's the list.

New requirements for being trusted (taking effect July 11, 2016)
Publish 50 Google Maps approved 360 photos cumulatively
360 photos must be at least 14MP resolution, but images must be clear and without motion blur
Minimum number of 360 photos per shoot can be 1
HDR is no longer required if you can get adequate details in shadows and bright areas

Updated benefits of being trusted (coming soon)
A digital badge that distinguishes your published work and profile throughout the Street View app
Updated trusted brand assets, like this new sticker
A next-gen trusted contributors index (for now, you’ll still be listed on our current for-hire index)
Paid leads as local businesses request shoots (expanding soon to new countries)

Other new features and tools (coming soon)
Automated connectivity of your 360 photos shot 1m to 3m apart (currently in beta)
Invitation to the trusted program directly in the Street View app once you’ve published 50 Google Maps approved 360 photos
An opportunities tab in the Street View app to find places that could use more 360 photos
Embedding 360 photos that were published using the Street View app
Transferring ownership of 360 photos using the Street View app
Google Maps uploader to publish 360 photos to Google Maps from your desktop

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi @Claire-dental-desi, the seeinside is a feature actually available only for tours submitted by street view editor.

The SV editor is available only for those that were SV|T photographer BEFORE july 2016, as like me.

As Program Manager of SV|T Charles Armstrong told us during the first SV|T convention in Amsterdam, the SV editor will not receive updates and, eventually, will be discontinued.

So, if you are a new SV|T photographer you should use the new SV APP tool to upload spheres and link them into a virtual tour: the result will be visible in the 360 carrousel both from mobile and desktop versions of Google Maps.

Welcome aboard!

Here i resume the conditions of the new program:

If you are eligible to become "Trusted Photographer", the team of Streetview Trusted program will send you an email with informations regarding the program and how to apply.
There are some new requirements to be eligible, here's the list.

New requirements for being trusted (taking effect July 11, 2016)
Publish 50 Google Maps approved 360 photos cumulatively
360 photos must be at least 14MP resolution, but images must be clear and without motion blur
Minimum number of 360 photos per shoot can be 1
HDR is no longer required if you can get adequate details in shadows and bright areas

Updated benefits of being trusted (coming soon)
A digital badge that distinguishes your published work and profile throughout the Street View app
Updated trusted brand assets, like this new sticker
A next-gen trusted contributors index (for now, you’ll still be listed on our current for-hire index)
Paid leads as local businesses request shoots (expanding soon to new countries)

Other new features and tools (coming soon)
Automated connectivity of your 360 photos shot 1m to 3m apart (currently in beta)
Invitation to the trusted program directly in the Street View app once you’ve published 50 Google Maps approved 360 photos
An opportunities tab in the Street View app to find places that could use more 360 photos
Embedding 360 photos that were published using the Street View app
Transferring ownership of 360 photos using the Street View app
Google Maps uploader to publish 360 photos to Google Maps from your desktop

Level 7

Is it still possible to get a copy of desktop street view editor because the SV app is not very easy to use to link up 20-30 spheres at one time. @LucioV I am Sv trusted  twice over on two accounts personal and agency and it would be so nice to have that tool. 

.·´¯¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·...>((((º>
·.¸¸.·´¯`·...>((((º>
Level 10

Hi @Brad-H it's not a desktop software, it's an online tool you have to get access to; and i think that all newly enrolled SV|T photographers will not be enabled. 😉

Level 7

Is there no other way that i can link together my photospheres of inside of a business to the street view already visible on google. I want to be able to walk down the street on google and walk into a business.

Level 10

Level 7

@LucioV I wish i had the link because I keep getting emails from third parties advertising their 360 software tool that is integrated with street view to make the tour. 

·.¸¸.·´¯`·...>((((º>
Level 10

Sorry @Brad-H i cannot share the link! And anyway will not work for you, as require specific permissions.

Any agency that claim to be SURE to link Street View points to Virtual tour Inside the business is a liar; wether you connect or not into the editor, you could not be able to ensure that the link will be enabled in the live virtual tour.

Level 7

Are you able to fix my listing in the index of local guides? When they put in my agency they duplicated the city so if you filter by Tampa/St Petersburg there are two and if you pick the first one it is all the other people and you dont see mine and if you pick my Tampa/St Petersburg you don't see the others. Action Bay 360 is my agency pro name @LucioV

·.¸¸.·´¯`·...>((((º>
Level 10