KevinC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Street View camera loan

Hi there! last night I received an email letting me know I was approved for a street view loaner camera! Im super excited and plan on mapping some of the trails along the American River Parkway. Has anyone used one of these loaner cameras? I am curious if this is one of the giant Trekker backpacks or something new and smaller. Has anyone use one of these, and is it good for mapping inside buildings or only for outside? Thanks for any tips and info in advanced! 

Sacramento, CA, United States
13 comments
Level 10

Re: Street View camera loan

Level 7

@KevinC you might have uploaded some great contents.. Congratulations.. keep updating others 
cheers 

Level 8

Congrats 

Robby Sayles
Level 5
Level 5

First off way to go!!.  I would find out what type of camera (model #) it is and just look up reviews/specs for it. 

Level 4

The email said it's a kit that includes a Samsung 360 camera, I don't know if it's now a single camera rig or if the Samsung is just part of it. The project that played to do was to map a trail Network. However I have some opportunities to do some really cool stuff inside a couple of museums and historic buildings if the thing will work inside.

Level 8

hi.  I've recently borrowed the Ricoh Theta S and yes you can use it inside.  With the Samsung one I imagine it also has a smartphone app to so indoors or outdoors will be fine. I'm still getting the hang of mine as you still have to connect the individual shots in to a trail manually and put them on a map.

Level 7

How long did it take to receive the camera? I got the acceptance email a few days ago and I'm super stoked! How was your experience with the gear 360?

MacKenzie Oakes
Level 8

I bought Ricoh Theta S. it works well for my street view photosphere. Ricoh Theta S - Uptown Mall, BGCRicoh Theta S - Uptown Mall, BGC

Level 7

@MacKenzieO wrote:

How long did it take to receive the camera? I got the acceptance email a few days ago and I'm super stoked! How was your experience with the gear 360?

Maybe just over a week. I don't think it was longer than two weeks.

if you get the StreetView trusted badge and can upload 150+ maps approved shots in the loan period, you will receive an email two weeks before the period ends, this includes an e-form you can submit to extend for another 45 days.

i just got my extension granted yesterday! Happy!