RealAerial's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Street View Trusted Photographer

Hi, I have been contributing 360 photos to google streetview  and last count was at 61. I hit the "for hire" button and it stayed on for a while then went back off. I have been researching why and cant come up with any good reason why. I can only assume that maybe it is because I added a Nadir Patch over the tripod base with my logo on it.. Is this a possibility. All other criteria has been met and on my profile states 61 approved photos. I use a samsung 360 and each photo has no imperfections and are of good quality. Doing a search on other photographers and only one other 5 hours away from my location. I want this badge to take my business to the next level and have already numerous leads ready to take up opportunity to promote their business.

Does any one else have this issue.... 

Mark Lawrence
Miles, Queensland, Australia
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Street View Trusted Photographer

Hi @RealAerial there is a human validation step which you kick off using the for hire button. Give it some time (up to a couple of weeks) and if you're approved you should get an email inviting you to the program which lists the next steps you need to undertake.

To find out more information about SVT have a look at both Google My Business and Street View Trusted photographer to get more information. Note you need to keep your business and Local Guides separate to stay within the rules.

Regards Paul

Level 9

@RealAerial  I am not sure if you have seen another post that there is an additional delay for a little bit due to a glitch in the system. Certainly, Paul is right there is just a little longer wait right now.  

Level 7

Thanks Paul... Got my badge last night... Excited until this afternoon. A lead I set up a few weeks ago had been taken by another recently badged photographer not even in my region. To make things worse he had moved the shop location to other side of road and down the street about 80 metres. I guess to be a quick link up with street view blue line. I am in small rural town and got bad name from this and have not even started. 

I am going to smooth things over tomorrow but shop owner paid top dollar to this rogue. What can the shop owner do....

Mark Lawrence