NatalieP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Street View Trusted Photographer program FAQs

@NatalieP wrote:

We know there are lots of questions circulating about the Street View trusted program, so we have compiled a few FAQs for your perusal. Happy 360 shooting!

How can I become a Street View trusted photographer?

You are eligible to become a trusted pro after you publish 50 Maps-approved 360 photos on Google Maps. After you have published 50 Maps-approved 360 photos, please make sure you have turned on the “Available for Hire” switch found in settings in the Street View App. You will then see an invitation in the Street View app to be marked as a trusted pro.

After accepting, you’ll then receive an email: please complete the form linked in the email, and, upon verification of your published 360 photos, your information will be listed on the for-hire index within one business week and you’ll have access to the Trusted badge.

It’s important that your images meet our Maps publishing criteria and policies and have a minimum of 14MP otherwise they won’t be published to Maps or count towards your trusted status. (Your contributions page shows all images you submitted including those not published to Maps.)

I’ve been publishing photospheres for a long time. To get the new Street View trusted badge, do I need to delete and republish my photos through the Street View app?

No, all 360 photos that you have published that meet the Maps publishing criteria count towards your trusted photographer status.

How long does it take to get photos approved and published?

All maps-approved 360 photos are published instantly. However, if your 360 photos don’t meet the Maps publishing criteria, they will not be published to Maps. You will still see these 360 photos on your contributions page.

What is the criteria for the 360 photos to be published?

Please check our website for a comprehensive description of our Maps publishing criteria and policies.

Are we allowed to display the watermark/ brand of Street View trusted photographer on 360 photos?

Please read up on our sales guidelines for our policies around the use of the trusted photographer and Street View brand.

I have received the invitation to be a trusted photographer through the Street View App but I cannot turn on the “For Hire” tab.

We are aware of this issue. In the meantime, rest assured that if you have received the invitation, you are  qualified as a trusted photographer and will have access to the benefits.

Isn’t Local Guides a program where we are not paid to help contribute to Google Maps? With the Street view trusted photographer, that seems to go against the policy of Local Guides

Please read the guidelines on participating in Local Guides here. If you offer services for hire (such as marketing yourself as a Street View trusted provider), you are not allowed to bundle such services with your Local Guide membership.

I still cannot see the “Street View Photographer” badge on Local Guides Connect. Do I get it only after I get my Trusted Photographer badge on the Street View App?

Yes, only if you have qualified for and accepted the invitation to be a trusted pro will you see the Trusted badge on Local Guides Connect.

Do I get points for the Local Guides program by uploading 360 photos?

Yes, you can earn points by uploading 360 photos, as well as flat photos, to specific business places and establishments via Google Maps. We recommend you visit the Help Center for the steps on how to upload photos.

I want my Trusted Photographer badge to show in Google Maps instead of my Local Guides badge / Where does the Trusted Photographer badge show up?

The Street View trusted badge is only displayed in the Street View app at this time.

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 1.18.14 PM.png

Hello @NatalieP,

Thanks for the inputs. I did exactly as your post says. But I am still not able to activate the 'Available for Hire' button. Can you look into this for me please?

I've contributed 58 photo spheres so far and it has been more than 2 weeks. All the photos spheres, I think, are meeting the guidelines mentioned. However, when I try to turn on the 'Available or Hire' button, it turns on and turns off immediately saying that 'Required 50 published and approved photos'.

As per your other guidelines, I made sure I have signed out of all other accounts on my android phone. I've deleted the Streetview App and installed it again. But the problem still persists. Attaching the screenshots.

Here is the link to my contributions page:

I've been desperately waiting to become a 'Trusted Photographer'. Is there something I am missing out on?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Kiran Kumar Nitturu
Level 7

Oh wow great...good to know about this innovation...I just downloaded the app now and will get busy with 360 photos... Thanks for this post.

Level 1

Hi @Nitturu

Thanks for reporting this situation. We are really sorry to hear this. 

We will investigate your case and let you know as soon as we have any news. 

Thank you very much for your patience. 

Regards, 

Level 8

Hi @NatalieP!

I have read trough this excelent post, It answerd a lot of my questions. But I still have a few. 
I've uploaded nearly 100 360-panoramas, in the beginning with the Street View app and later on via web on maps.google.com as the workflow is easyer. 
I have a Xiaomi Mijia Mi Sphere (23MP)  and a GoPro Fusion (16MP), both meeting the requrements of resolution. Have patched most of the nadirs. 
But still I can not activate the "Trusted photogaper" in the Street View app. It is telling me that I ave to upload atleast 50 pictures.

So, the question is. Do I ONLY have to upload via the streetview app or does it count uploading via google maps and "local guides" ? 
Is there any stats page telling how many photos that is approved? All photos as far as I can see is published to streetview. 

And, I haven't found a good description telling the differences between "Trusted Photograper" or "Local Guide". 

Regards,
Steve

Steve Nilsen
Level 1

HI @SteveNilsen

Thanks for sharing your case here!

Please take into account that after you get the 50 photos it can take 2 weeks till you can activate the "available for hire option". 

On the other hand, we are aware that some photographers are having problems even after the 2 weeks. 

If it's you case please let me know so we can investigate your case too. 

It would help if you send an updated screenshot of your statistics tab.

Best, 

Level 8

Hi LuciaC,

So stress. I´ll give it a couple of weeks and see how it is sorting out. From now I´ll be posting pictures via the Street View app, Can´t hurt I think. 

Steve. 

Steve Nilsen
Level 6

@LuciaC wrote:

Hi @Nitturu

Thanks for reporting this situation. We are really sorry to hear this. 

We will investigate your case and let you know as soon as we have any news. 

Thank you very much for your patience. 

Regards, 

Thanks so much @LuciaC for initiating the investigation.

Any update on the investigation? Google, generally, doesn't keep anyone or anything waiting. Wondering why it is taking so long to sort this thing. Are we expecting any big change from Google on these lines?

Would be glad to know.

Kiran

Level 1

That's great @SteveNilsen !

Please let me know if this issue persist after that time. 

@Nitturu the team is still working hard to find the root and the solution to this. 

We really thanks your patience and let you know as soon as we have any news regarding to this. 

Regards, 

Level 7

@LuciaC It is not really easy developing great apps that adds value to life. I trust you will figure out a solution to this. Great work in your support.

Level 1

Thanks @JonesParapaso 😃