flodymx's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Street View SAMSUNG GEAR 360 2017

1. Make sure a micro SD card is inserted.
  2. Turn the camera on by pressing and holding the power button on the side.
  3. Make sure the camera is fully charged. On the camera screen, you can see the battery level.
  4. Press and hold the Menu button until you see "Gear 360 Manager".
  5. Press the Menu button twice until until you see "Google Street View".
  6. Press the button on the top of the camera to select this mode and turn on Wi-Fi.
  7. Make sure your phone is fully charged.
  8. On your phone, open the Settings app.
  9. Connect your phone to the 360 camera's Wi-Fi network (which will end in ".OSC"). The default password is the set of 8 numbers shown on the second line of the camera display.
  10. Open the Google Street View app Street View.
  11. When the phone is connected to the camera, you’ll see a blue linked camera Street View camera.

Tip: Watch a video about setting up and connecting a Samsung Gear 360.

Learn more about the Samsung Gear 360

Edwin Marchan
Level 6

This guide you posted is for the older model of Gear 360. Not For the Gear 360 2017 model.

Level 8

@JanneP wrote:

This guide you posted is for the older model of Gear 360. Not For the Gear 360 2017 model.

Hello Janne,

Update your Gear 360 firmware and it works with Street View App. I had the same problem and after updating the firmware it's very good.

Cheers

Level 8

Outstanding @Edwin_Marchan  I was wondering how I was going to connect the S Gear 360° to Street View.  

I have been using my Gear 360 with the Gear 360 2017 App I downloaded from Google Play Store and shortly after I received an update and it works very well. It uploads seamlessly and very fast to Maps but I do not seem to get Maps points thus far. 

The quality is excellent. Using Galaxy Note 9 512GB 8GB RAM

It is great to have the option to choose between the two apps.

Thank you again @Edwin_Marchan

I am going out later and test the GSV and compare the quality produced by the two apps.

Level 8

@Edwin_Marchan   I took the Liberty, with some help from Gary Lee on Facebook, of editing and improving your step-by-step.  Thank you so very much for initiating this granular guide.

Instructions for the #Samsung #Gear360_2017 with the latest firmware update as of September 9th 2018

1. Make sure a micro SD card is inserted in your Gear 360 2017 Cam

2. Make sure that BOTH devices, the Gear 360 and your Mobile, are fully charged

On the Gear 360° LED Screen you should be able to see the battery notification once it is turned on

3. TURN the Gear 360 camera ON by pressing and holding the POWER BUTTON on the lower right side

4. Press and hold the MENU button on the upper right side until you see "Gear 360 Manager"

5. Press the MENU BUTTON TWICE until until you see "Google Street View"

6. Press the button w/RED DOT on the top of the LED Window to select this mode and turn on Wi-Fi

7. On your Mobile Device, open the Settings app. (Which Settings ?? here is where we still need your guidance

8. Connect your phone to the 360 camera's Wi-Fi network (which will end in ".OSC" ??)

The default password is the set of 8 numbers shown on the second line of the Gear 360 camera display

9. Open the Google Street View app to connect.

When the phone is connected to the Gear 360 you’ll see a BLUE LINKED CAMERA on the Street View app

DISCLAIMER: The above instructions were originally generously shared with us by our LG Colleague @Edwin_Marchan

I simply edited and rearranged his work to make it easier to follow.

Level 5

I’m in the same boat, bought a new camera a week later can’t use app keeps crashing, bought because it was comparable , Samsung 360 gear

Level 5

Do update on camera, then you will see street view, but the app has stopped working, keeps crashing when you take a photo

Level 1

Let's get married and have children and teach them how to play lego's together.

Level 8

Guys how do I stamp the logo at nadir?  I am not talking at post-processing with Photoshop, I am talking  at the moment the "interval" is  been took.

Regards

Level 7

Hi My cam firmware is update to that number. But when i long press the menu buttom it shows just connect to android ios or remot. no option for street view.

Even i try to connect via wifi of gear to street view nothing happen. Plz help