flodymx's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7
Solution

Re: Street View SAMSUNG GEAR 360 2017

Well done, Samsung! Firmware update R210GLU0ARB2 adds the ability to connect to the Street View app. This option is in the connect menu: hold down the bluetooth / menu button until the first option appears then keep pressing until you reach Street View, then press the shutter button to select. The camera will display a code. Go to the Street View app and connect to a remote camera. At first it will fail. Then select "Connect to camera's WiFi" and find your Gear 360. When prompted for a passcode use the code shown in front of the camera. That's it! Street View away!

Level 10

Waowow It's great 👏👏. My Samsung Gear 360-2017 working with Street View 🛤️ App and both mode.I'm very happy. Thanks @lefty74 for your message.

@Kamalhasnainee @ShafiulB it's awesome.

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Level 8

I can Confirm all is working after the new Firmware update. Thanks to Google Street View and Samsung Gear 360 Team’s.

Now let’s take some 360 Photos 

Level 7

What phone are you using?

Level 8

Thank you for hard working with Framework updated support all Sumsung Team. I work for my iPhone, but I have another device like Huawei P10 Plus I can't find app to use with my Gear 2017.

Best Regards,

Andy

Former Google Contributor

Hey guys,

With some many praises of the Gear 360, I take it now is to the I buy myself one? Would you guys recommend it?

Thanks!

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 7

@GeorgesHR If you can get a good deal, I think it's a good starter camera for 360 deg photography. The quality isn't brilliant in Street View. It's OK for looking around, but you can't zoom in much. One major limitation is that the app only works on a few handsets. From the website:

Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6edge+, Galaxy Note5, iPhone7, iPhone 7+, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S+, iPhone SE

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/gear-360-2017

I have a Samsung galaxy A3 (2017), which isn't supported. I had to install the app from an APK and it crashes quite often when using live view.

Hey @lefty74,

You are absolutely right! I cannot find the 360 app on the Play Store. So this means they have made the app available only for the phones you mentioned and I have a OnePlus, so no luck there. I understand there is version 1 and version 2 of the Samsung Gear. Any idea what is the difference and did the v1 get the Street View update that everyone is talking about?

Thanks for the info!

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 7

@GeorgesHR The two versions are named according to the year, 2016 or 2017. The 2016 version worked with Street View from the start. It also has higher resolution, but the 2017 version has less distance between the lenses. You'd need to read a few reviews, but I think the 2017 might be better overall despite fewer pixels.

Both cameras use the Samsung Gear 360 app, which only works with particular phones (Samsung and some iPhones). I used a modified version that you can try on your OnePlus at your own risk:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/mod-samsung-gear-360-manager-device-t3400383/

Hey @lefty74,

I just want to mention that you have changed my mind and I think I am better off buying the 2016 version somewhere for cheaper. I am new to 360 photography and I think this is great for starters.

Thanks for sharing opinions!

Georges