cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Street View SAMSUNG GEAR 360 2017

@Yohanad wrote:

Hello, @praveesh

Sorry for the delay! I can see in the other thread, posted in the Street View trusted photographers board, that your question got a (correct) response (ie, take a closer look when you edit the metadata).

Regarding your original post here, yes: the 2017 Samsung Gear doesn't work automatically with the Street View app. The 2016 version does 🙂

@Yohanad

I bought the SAMSUNG GEAR 360 2017 by recommendation through the Street View app.

Now I can't return it  and it doesn't work. 

I have invested my money and time into this in good faith. Now that Google has mislead me to believe that this will work, what are you doing to fix this?

As things stand the camera is still listed as one of your recommendations.

Level 5

Hello, @Biscombe and everyone!

Thank you all for the questions again - however, as we previously said, the 2017 version does not support the Street View app. Please refer to the original instructions recommendations; if there's any news about it, we'll let you know.

Level 8

Hi @Yohanad,

Just want to let you know, the embedded link of points back to this thread.

Thank you all for the questions again - however, as we previously said, the 2017 version does not support the Street View app. Please refer to the original instructions recommendations; if there's any news about it, we'll let you know.

Level 10

Dear @Yohanad, Thanks for your response and waiting for now massage for us. Thanks!

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Level 5

Exactly, @YK1001 🙂 In the first page of this thread, I had already mentioned the 2017 version doesn't work with the app, hence the duplicate info. Thanks!

Level 8

I got what you mean.

I see you mentioned that the 2017 version is not supported here

Sometimes the link to a specific reply do not work correctly for long threads spanning to multiple pages.

I suspect that is why your link is not working (for me) - it just point me to your reply showing that link.

Level 8

Hi @Yohanad,

I understood that the Gear 2017 device doesn't work with Street View.

As Google has listed this device in the recommended 360 devices, the information is misleading. 

This is not what we expect from tech Giants like Google/Samsung!

Level 9

@praveesh wrote:

Hi @Yohanad,

I understood that the Gear 2017 device doesn't work with Street View.

As Google has listed this device in the recommended 360 devices, the information is misleading. 

This is not what we expect from tech Giants like Google/Samsung!

@praveesh to add on to what you said.

Here is the google website:

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 2.29.27 PM.png

It says, "It’s never been easier to create Street View experiences."

Then you go down further on this page:

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 2.26.04 PM.png

Here we have listed the Samsung Gear 360 with two hyper links

"See example Image"

Then when open the link it leads us here.

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 2.27.33 PM.png

and

"Learn more"

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 2.26.47 PM.png

On both of these links there are no images of the 2016 version of the Samsung Gear 360. In fact it shoe the specs and images of only the Samsung Gear 360 [2017]. 

This is the misleading aspect that Google has not been acknowledged.  

We bought these units on your continued recommendation as a hardware device compatible with your software.

Firstly I want to see this taken off the website as a recommended camera so more people don't face the same problems I am dealing with?

Secondly I want to know what you suggest I do with this camera I bought to use with your app to take photos for your site?

Level 8

I got the same problem using this gear and apps:

• Camera - 360 Gear 2017 - SM-R210 - Firmware Version - R210GLU0AQF2
  • Phone - iPhone 8 - 11.1 iOS Version
  • App - Google Street View - 2.12.1
  • App - Samsung Gear 360 - IOS Version 1.4.17092401

I was bought the 360 camera yesterday.The Iphone is Connected to the cameraThe Iphone is Connected to the camera

So i can take pictures via the SAmsung App - even if the app crash a lot.... what a shameSo i can take pictures via the SAmsung App - even if the app crash a lot.... what a shame

Still Not have success with connecting my Gear 360 2017 Model to my Google Street View App for iPhone 8

Follow all forums, articles, videos etc. -  There is no Street View Options in This Camera in Menu Button and the 2017 Gear Version.

I got 3 options when i try to hold the Menu Button to find how to connect The "Supported 360 Camera from Street ViewUntitled-1.jpg

Follow this Guide below for Troubleshooting

Trying to connect my contected Gear 360 2017 Samsung GearTrying to connect my contected Gear 360 2017 Samsung Gear

When the Camera is connected to my Phone i got this ErrorWhen the Camera is connected to my Phone i got this Error

This guide isn't work with the new Samsung Gear 360 2017 ModelThis guide isn't work with the new Samsung Gear 360 2017 Model

The Camera Works pretty slow with the Samsung Gear App but i can take 360 Photos stitching them with the app uploading the in my Phone Gallery and after this uploading them in the Google Street View App ( without using the bought camera full options )

So is there any solution to connect the Camera to my Google street view App or should back this camera if i can !!!!!

Level 10

Sorry, No!, there is no solution to connect the gear 360 (2017) to GSV.  You have to take the pix with the gear app and then stitch and get to GSV for uploading.  Yes Google screwed up in their listing the 2017 version as street view ready.  It is NOT!  I've used this camera (my daughter gave it to me, so free) for awhile, then tried the Insta360 Air ($100, then returned it), then moved on to the theta V ($430, then returned it), then moved on to the xiaomi mijia 360 ($200), it's works great and does a better job of gps coordinates than all the others  But to get real gps coordinates, you need a good gps logger and software to insert the gps into the jpgs.  And the pix on the Xiaomi are higher rez and good looking.  So I'd recommend you return this camera.