flodymx's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Street View SAMSUNG GEAR 360 2017

Hi everyone, i just buy the new Gear 360 2017 (or V.2)
But i cant connect it to street view app on android
i try this way 
but can't find 360 WiFi 

Can any one know how to do it?
Thanks
muhammad moustafa
Saudi Arabia
80 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: Street View SAMSUNG GEAR 360 2017

Well done, Samsung! Firmware update R210GLU0ARB2 adds the ability to connect to the Street View app. This option is in the connect menu: hold down the bluetooth / menu button until the first option appears then keep pressing until you reach Street View, then press the shutter button to select. The camera will display a code. Go to the Street View app and connect to a remote camera. At first it will fail. Then select "Connect to camera's WiFi" and find your Gear 360. When prompted for a passcode use the code shown in front of the camera. That's it! Street View away!

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for sharing your question @flodymx. I just moved your post here on the "Photography" board as it is the best place where you can share all your knowledge, ask other Local Guides for advice or learn and share your tips to get the best picture :). 

Many thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

Did you find the answer ? Seems to be a very serious issue!

Level 8

Hi @MariaBi,

Can you help in finding a solution ?

Former Google Contributor

Hi @praveesh,

Tagging @Yohanad for help and support on this case.

Many thanks!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Connect Moderator

Hello @flodymx

Please try this I think it's helping you.

1. Make sure a micro SD card is inserted. The card slot is located behind the door.
  2. Turn the camera on by pressing and holding the power button on the side.
  3. Make sure the camera is fully charged. On the camera screen, you can see the battery level.
  4. Press and hold the Menu button until you see "Gear 360 Manager".
  5. Press the Menu button twice until until you see "Google Street View".
  6. Press the button on the top of the camera to select this mode and turn on Wi-Fi.
  7. Make sure your phone is fully charged.
  8. On your phone, open the Settings app.
  9. Connect your phone to the 360 camera's wifi network (which will end in ".OSC"). The default password is the set of 8 numbers shown on the second line of the camera display.
  10. Open the Google Street View app .
  11. When the phone is connected to the camera, you’ll see a blue linked camera .

Tip: Watch a video about setting up and connecting a Samsung Gear 360.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 5

Hello, @flodymx

Thanks for sharing your question here!

The Gear 2017 version doesn't work automatically with the Street View app as does the 2016 version. However, you can take the photos, save them on Google Photos and then upload in the app. You can read more details here. Hope this helps 🙂

Level 8

@NareshDarji,

Are you talking about the 2017 version ?

Level 8

Level 5

Hello, @praveesh

Sorry for the delay! I can see in the other thread, posted in the Street View trusted photographers board, that your question got a (correct) response (ie, take a closer look when you edit the metadata).

Regarding your original post here, yes: the 2017 Samsung Gear doesn't work automatically with the Street View app. The 2016 version does 🙂