VinayakGarg's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Store-front v/s Indoor Photo

Hi, 

I wonder what has a bigger significance and a greater value add for the user - a photo from outside to help him locate the shop/ store or photo of the inside? 

Also, in my neighbourhood where some shops have small store-front I try to incorporate nearby shops and boards, to help user know what to expect and not to miss in locating the shop. In my experience this works better - but the photo doesn't look attractive at times. 

What are your thoughts on this? 

14 comments
Level 7

Re: Store-front v/s Indoor Photo

Hi,

for sure a phto photo of the outside is very useful, I usually look at the Street View image for the business and see if that looks good enough. The power of inside shots is not to be underestimated. Opening the business 24/7 to a world wide audience!

Level 7

In my city (& country) the Street-view is not there - so I believe the store front photo contribution could be useful.

I do agree that for Restaurants and other places where ambience and indoors matter, photos of indoors serve good purpose too.

Level 7

Hi @VinayakGarg

Without StreetView then I would definitely upload a picture of the outside.

even if it helps only 1 person locate the business, then you have helped someone!

Darren

Level 7

If you wonder, why not take both outside and inside?

It's always easier to take a pic from outside.

Every 360° tour I make, google seam to value the picture outside more then inside.

It's always the top ranked of the bunch the first week.

Level 7

I upload both interior and exterior images and the exterior images can sometimes get significantly more views. I've talked with customers when I am in stores and they tell me that they are nervous finding a store for the first time and an exterior shot helps. It's very nice to see inside, but if you can't find the business, what is the point. Views are good, sales are better.

I hope this helps. 

Level 5

@VinayakGarg,

In my vast experience a great inside shot will win more often than not.There are very limited angles from where you can get a great photo of the front of a store...and the light has to be almost perfect but once you are inside the options are huge and varied.I started a post here a few days ago titled THE ART OF THE INSIDE SHOT.I have hundreds of headline or main photos on Google maps which are inside shots.With over 40 millions views in 10 months I must be doing something right.You should check it out mate.

Cheers,

Zed star.

10,526 views.This is the current headline photo.10,526 views.This is the current headline photo.10,909 views.This is the current headline photo.10,909 views.This is the current headline photo.This is where I am right this second.This is where I am right this second.

Level 7

Inside

Outside

Which one you like the best?

Level 5

@VinayakGarg,

In my vast experience a great inside shot will win more often than not.There are very limited angles from where you can get a great photo of the front of a store...and the light has to be almost perfect but once you are inside the options are huge and varied.I started a post here a few days ago titled THE ART OF THE INSIDE SHOT.I have hundreds of headline or main photos on Google maps which are inside shots.With over 40 millions views in 10 months I must be doing something right.You should check it out mate.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 5

@TraciC,

I have added a comment to this post this afternoon and then a few minutes later I decided to add 3 screen shots to illustrate my point.I don't think something liked it when I edited and added those screen shots.....it hasn't been added to the post and I can't delete or edit it to fix the issue.Can you help please?

Cheers,

Zed star.