LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Spotting

Who, like me, love to practice spotting?

Here some pictures from Fiumicino (FCO) and Pratica di Mare

Alitalia McDonnell Douglas MD-82 (DC-9-82)Alitalia McDonnell Douglas MD-82 (DC-9-82)

Wizz Air Airbus A320-232Wizz Air Airbus A320-232

Vueling Airlines Airbus A320-214Vueling Airlines Airbus A320-214

Panavia TornadoPanavia Tornado

Eurofighter TyphoonEurofighter Typhoon

F16 (DK)F16 (DK)

15 comments
Level 9

Re: Spotting

Hey @LucioV

nice & amazing photos..! You did a great job! Thanks to you brother.

Kamal Hasnainee 

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 10

Thanks @Kamalhasnainee some technical details: all the shoots are being done with my Nikon D300 (the same i use for VT) and a Nikon AF-D 80-200 f2.8

Level 8

Just wondering do you ever have issues with people/security querying what you are doing and why you are taking pics of planes?

Level 10

@RobertC wrote:

Just wondering do you ever have issues with people/security querying what you are doing and why you are taking pics of planes?

You can't imagine...I was inside the runway, not exactly, but very close, and no one blocked me. Security is very underrated in some airports (several years ago); anyway you can find spotting guides for each airport with detailed instructions for better places, with respect of all guidelines.

In the military area I was enrolled as press so no problems at all

Level 8

Amazing pictures @LucioV!

Assumed you was really close to that airplanes based on your photos and the 80-200mm lens. Especially to the military aircraft:)

We were in Fiumicino Airport in 2013. (Actually I proposed my wife in Rome, Tivoli 😛 ) That was a wonderful period, Rome just full with MUST see places!

Of course I love airplanes (to photograph and to be in there :D). below a couple of random pictures. Hope you like it.

Airbus A321 (Wizz Air) and a Paraglider from an unusual  perspective - The Great Race IV, Budapest, Hungary, 2016Airbus A321 (Wizz Air) and a Paraglider from an unusual perspective - The Great Race IV, Budapest, Hungary, 2016Extra 300L -  The Great Race IV, Budapest, Hungary, 2016Extra 300L - The Great Race IV, Budapest, Hungary, 2016Airbus A321 (Wizz Air) and the Chain Bridge - The Great Race IV, Budapest, Hungary, 2016Airbus A321 (Wizz Air) and the Chain Bridge - The Great Race IV, Budapest, Hungary, 2016Po–2 - The Great Race IV, Budapest, Hungary, 2016Po–2 - The Great Race IV, Budapest, Hungary, 2016My firend and me with Scheibe SF-25 - airselfie:) - Hungary,  2016My firend and me with Scheibe SF-25 - airselfie:) - Hungary, 2016

Level 10

Serious spotting here @Andras_H!!! What is the Great race? Seems insane... an A321 on the bridges of Budapest!!!

Regarding my distance, in the air show in 2008 with Tornado and Eurofighter, i was directly on the runway, along with other photographers on assignment.

We were on a small stage, with jets full throttle at minimum distance of 50-100 m, we falled down to earth several times.....

Level 8

@LucioV wrote:

Serious spotting here @Andras_H!!! What is the Great race? Seems insane... an A321 on the bridges of Budapest!!!

Thanks @LucioV🙂 the Great Race is a Red Bull Event in every year. They have an amazing historical aircraft fleet, you can check here.

Yes, the A321 over the bridges, that was an unbelievable moment. if you are curious, there is a video also about it.

Regarding my distance, in the air show in 2008 with Tornado and Eurofighter, i was directly on the runway, along with other photographers on assignment.

We were on a small stage, with jets full throttle at minimum distance of 50-100 m, we falled down to earth several times.....

On the runway?? That is a great possibility:D I hope we will have once something like that at the Budapest Airport.

Level 10

Wow... this is crazy!!!! Can't believe it happened!!!!!

Wizzair is great (also because they used my photo in their website for years!) 🙂

Level 10