LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Some tests: DSLR Vs Ricoh Theta S Vs Garmin VIRB 360 Vs DJI Mavic Pro Vs iPhone 7 Vs OnePlus ONE

This morning I'm going to do some tests, in the same place, at the same time, with the same light conditions, at the best settings I can for this equipment, so you can see by yourself.

I will upload to maps and on my server too, to see how the quality differences are leveled using the SV platform.

Here are the tools

Here are the first results!

1) iPhone 7, Street View App camera, directly uploaded to maps

2) Oneplus One, Street View App camera, directly uploaded to maps

3) Ricoh Theta S, no HDR, Street View App control, directly uploaded to maps

4) Ricoh Theta S, HDR, Street View App control, directly uploaded to maps

5) Garmin VIRB, Shot with Garmin App, far Stitching, uploaded to maps with Street View App

6) Nikon D500 + Sigma 8mm Fisheye 4 shots @f10 ISO 100 1/160" M - Developed in Lightroom CC 2018 - Stitched with Kolor Autopano Pro - -Nadir edited on PS 2018 CC - resulting file 71.6 Mb - 11652x5825 pixel - uploaded on Maps through SV App

7) DJI MAvic Pro - Litchi 42 shots, 100 m- Developed in Lightroom CC 2018 - Stitched with Kolor Autopano Pro - -Zenith edited on PS 2018 CC - resulting file 198 Mb - 20600x10300 pixel - uploaded on Maps through SV App, reduced to 72 mpixel

Now I will create the online pano at full res for DSLR and Drone.

Lucio Virzì Fotografo, Via Eusebio Chini, Roma, RM, Italia
29 comments
Level 8

Re: Some tests: DSLR Vs Ricoh Theta S Vs Garmin VIRB 360 Vs DJI Mavic Pro Vs iPhone 7 Vs OnePlus ONE

Hi @LucioV..

Great work, bro.. Tools looks amazing.. Can't wait to see the results of this test from you.. !

Vellore Local Guides
Level 10

Re: Some tests: DSLR Vs Ricoh Theta S Vs Garmin VIRB 360 Vs DJI Mavic Pro Vs iPhone 7 Vs OnePlus ONE

@SalmaanN wrote:

Hi @LucioV..

Great work, bro.. Tools looks amazing.. Can't wait to see the results of this test from you.. !

I'm back! Some issues in uploading from OPO, but First 5 spheres are on Maps.

Now I will stitch from DSLR and Drone 🙂

Level 7

Great comparison! Really helpful to see the comparison between the quality of stitched smartphone 360 vs a dedicated 360 camera.

Level 10

@Nathan89 wrote:

Great comparison! Really helpful to see the comparison between the quality of stitched smartphone 360 vs a dedicated 360 camera.

Yep! If you have time, and you follow some few stitching advices, a mobile phone could be a great 360 tool!!!

Wait for the best, I'm stitching now!

Level 10

Level 10

@LucioV If possible when free, share some best practices for using Mobile camera with SV app to create a good stitched panorama. In separate post. Will be useful for many people. Thanks

Level 10

Level 10

Uploaded drone pano too.

Now I olny need to publish full res on my website 🙂

Which do you prefer?

This is the cost of the setups:

1) iPhone7 = approx 500€

2) OnePlus One = approx 350 €

3) Ricoh Theta S = approx 350 €

4) Garmin VIRB 360 = approx 750 €

5) Nikon D500 + Sigma 8 mm + Nodal Ninja + Software = approx 3300 €

6) DJI Mavic + software = approx 1300 €

Level 9

the result Theta S a little dark.you not use manual speed and iso? because i dont believe with automatic on Theta S, a little dark

Indonesia Local Guides | Malang Local Guides | Instagram