JafferA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Share Your Perfect Panoramic Photos!

Nice one @Whiskey5jda !

I would recommend you edit the brightness of the photo.

I always change something called "brilliance" when editing by iPhone. It balances the dark and bright spots of the photo without reducing its quality.

Level 7

I have a Android (Galaxy s5). I do the auto adjust on google photos. It usually comes out looking better.  Thanks for the tip tho.

@JafferA wrote:

Nice one @Whiskey5jda !

I would recommend you edit the brightness of the photo.

I always change something called "brilliance" when editing by iPhone. It balances the dark and bright spots of the photo without reducing its quality.

W5JDA
John 3:16
Level 8

Hi @JafferA

Thanks for initiating this post and also sharing your photos.

I would like to share some.

Shushtar Historical Hydraulic SystemShushtar Historical Hydraulic System

Shushtar Historical Hydraulic SystemShushtar Historical Hydraulic System

Shushtar Historical Hydraulic System, (Persian: سازه‌های آبی شوشتر‎‎) is an island city from the Sassanid era with a complex irrigation system. Located in Iran's Khuzestan Province. It was registered on UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites in 2009 and is Iran's 10th cultural heritage site to be registered on the United Nations' list. (Source)

On the Google Maps: here

Rockefeller CenterRockefeller Center

In front of our apartment at 6 AM!In front of our apartment at 6 AM!

Level 9

You are welcome @Whiskey5jda,

Happy learning for both of us 🙂

Level 9

Really beautiful examples @EhsanD !

I love the first one very much, it includes many details 😊👍🏼

Thanks for sharing, and wish to see more please 😁

Level 10

That's a great collection of panaromic photos one thing that we are not able to see but it is very important to every pic,,   that every photo in you posted  is clean; it is the first attractive thing in your photos. A lot of patience is needed for capturing these type of photos and how can you capture these pics at different heights and with no population 

@JafferA wrote:

IMG_8614.JPG 

First of all, what does "Panorama" mean?

Well, after a brief search on the internet, I found two valuable pieces of information:

• "Panorama" in dictionary is an unbroken view of the whole region surrounding an observer.
  • "Panorama" in Latin is a combination of two Greek words; “pan” that means everything, and “horama” that means the sight or view. So, panorama means "a view of everything".

Historically, making those panoramic photos was a result of a really tedious job of sticking many cropped photos. Nowadays, most smart phones have a "panorama" mode, and that revolutionized panoramic photography, and took it to a totally new level. Smart phones have faster software engines to perform that stitching. But, in case you want more professional photos and best quality, taking single sequential photos from a DSLR camera and then stitching them through a computer software is a better option that will generate a better panoramic photo.

I'm a big fan of "Panorama" feature in my iPhone. I usually use it practically:

1. To show a wide beautiful scenery (e.g. above featured panorama of a historical place);
  2. When I have many objects in the wider view or range (e.g. below panorama of a sweets shop)
    IMG_6829.JPG
  3. If either horizontal or vertical ends contain components that are related to each other (e.g. below panorama of Bahrain Fort, and a general building);

I feel very proud of this photo, becasue its value lies with the contrast between both: our national archeology and history (Right) & modern and classic buildings (Left)I feel very proud of this photo, becasue its value lies with the contrast between both: our national archeology and history (Right) & modern and classic buildings (Left)

A builing in a business area in Manama city.A builing in a business area in Manama city.

Logically, most of the rules for how to take a perfect normal photo will apply on the panoramic photos. That's why, I would recommend reading this article written by @AnnaDickson, which is really helpful.

Also, here are my personal top FIVE tips for best panoramic photos:

1. Be patient ? .. I know it seems ridiculous, but when taking panoramic photos, you WILL spend longer time compared to normal photo, especially, when shooting at night. That's when I might also recommend next step;
  2. Use a tripod when you can, if you have time and want to shoot something unique. If you think you started to like panoramic photos, then you will probably start predicting where you find perfect spots to shoot the next photo and get ready. Otherwise, take more care and try to be as much stable as you can when shooting using just your phone, and;
  3. Try to shoot many photos, and review each single photo after taking it. That would be more practical when you shoot in a sunny place, where your phone's screen glares and you can't see much details.

IMG_0278.JPGIMG_0279.JPG

You can see how the first try is worse, but might get better with some editing, but here I preferred to take a new one. Second photo is not bad, but will need to get cropped, many objects like red car -left- will make the photo better when removed. Finally, after taking five photos, with some color and brightness corrections, I would be proud to upload something like the photo below:

FullSizeRender(22).jpg

4. Make the photo straight. Don't get confused with the straight lines of the objects in the photo! What matters is the main components being straight and acceptable. That's why I find it really useful to;
  5. Take a break before editing. When doing a process that needs an artistic taste -e.g. editing a digital design, a professional photo, an interior design plan- you will find it really helpful to review and edit the photo after having a break -what ever duration you prefer-, then you would usually have a fresh look at it. I found that really practical.

Other examples of panoramic photos I have taken:

A hotel lounge.A hotel lounge.

Focus on the centre & the main subject that matters most in the pictureFocus on the centre & the main subject that matters most in the picture

A museum in Doha.A museum in Doha. 

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

IMG_5639.JPG

"ART Rotana" Hotel & Resort in Bahrain"ART Rotana" Hotel & Resort in Bahrain

A coffee neaby the fort :)A coffee neaby the fort ?

Bahrain fort, believed to be founded in 2300 BC!Bahrain fort, believed to be founded in 2300 BC!

IMG_5649.JPG

Cna you imagine that this is photography studio?!Cna you imagine that this is photography studio?!

A public park.A public park.

A coffee shop in Bahrain.A coffee shop in Bahrain.

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_7575.JPG

Amwaj lagoon, one of the most beautiful places in Bahrain on weekends.Amwaj lagoon, one of the most beautiful places in Bahrain on weekends.

IMG_7885.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_7553.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_7868.JPG

What are you waiting for? let's see your creativity!

Level 8

Hi @RAVITEJAK

I like your pictures, Good Job !

Level 9

Nice.

Rade

Level 8

Alangdareh Park, Gorgan, IGolestan Province, IranAlangdareh Park, Gorgan, IGolestan Province, Iran

Ziarat, Golestan Province, IranZiarat, Golestan Province, Iran

Level 9

Patience is absolutely critical point .. you're right @RAVITEJAK 😉👍🏼.