Doozer's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Samsung S9 360 photo not matching up

On my old Samsung Galaxy S6 I would take a 360 photo in the StreetView app with my phone. I would rotate around to line up with all the dots to take the various photos and then let the app stitch them together and it worked perfectly.

I have recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S9 and the alignment when taking the photos always gets messed up.

If I line up the first image with the first dot and then move round to the left or right as I always have done, the app thinks I have rotate all the way back round when I haven't. For example if I start at "12 oclock", by the time the app thinks it has gone full circle, I would only be back round to "12:50". This throws out the alignment when I move to do the next row and eventually all of the photos are completely screwed up.

Anyone else seen this? Would appreciate some help.

5 comments
Level 10

Re: Samsung S9 360 photo not matching up

Hi @Doozer

I not using Samsung so I will not help but some of our expert member may guide you.

@LucioV

Warm Welcome to Local Guide Connect family.

It seems this is your first post.

You can post your reviews, edits, photos, comments and stay focused on forum guidelines. 

Before actual posting, Pl. go through LG Connect Programme Rules, The Five Core Values of Connect, Help etc.(see TABs at the bottom of page).

Never share your or anybody's personal information in L G Connect.

Please note, this global community is for Individuals only and any kind of advertising or self promotion is banned here

Also introduce yourself to LG Connect @Aug.2018, for better understanding to interact with the community.

You may use search engine to check the topics already discussed earlier.

Happy exploring, mapping and writing.

Vijay Desai.

Level 10

This is something is happening to me too with my new Google Pixel 2 XL. Is suspect something wrong is happening with compass and gyroscope. Actually the best results I obtain are done with iPhone 7

Level 10

Hi to all!!

I read something about also for Samsung S8.

Some users explained that maybe the drifting could be reliably fixed by following all the steps in Google Maps Help for, "Find and improve your location’s accuracy." https://support.google.com/maps/answer/2839911

Just try it and tell if this work!

Bye, 

David 

Level 8

I have the Note 8 and the first 360 I recorded, using my Note 8 stitched up perfectly.

But now it is not stitching very well at all.  I reported it to Google 360 feedback but it is still struggling. 

Level 4

So this morning I dug out my old Samsung Galaxy S6 and tried to make a photosphere. The app had an update which installed by itself and I am having the exact same problem! It must be the update they have made to the app which is just messing things up! Misalignment when making a 360 and after the stitching has happened there are big black spots. Is there any way to report an issue directly to the developers?