Ofelia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: SOS!!!...I'm new here and I need to know the criteria for rejecting Photospheres

Hi @Ofelia glad to read through all this to discover you have eventually got those photos approved. I was beginning to wonder if the issue was that you had tried to upload directly to the maps listing, rather than through the Street View app. The 'add photo' that appears on google business listings in Maps won't approve photospheres as photospheres, although it may appear to work, there does seem to be a forced path to use the StreetView app. Does seem rather odd that it was an issue with local guide points... But, I've seen odder behaviour! 🙂 

Level 10

Re: SOS!!!...I'm new here and I need to know the criteria for rejecting Photospheres

Great news, @Ofelia, thanks for coming back. Hopefully everything will go on smoothly after this.

Level 8

@Ofelia .. Glad you're finally satisfied .. 🙂

So, in short ..

What are the Criteria ?

How should I take the photo knowing that it will be approved or rejected ?

Is it forbidden to appear in the photo holding the camera, although I blur my face?

Should I always use a tripod ?!

Marwan Al-Tawansy --> Local Guide Lvl 8, Trusted Street View Photographer #EgyptLocalGuides (Moderator)
Level 7

Hello MarwanA

I suggest you to use a helmet with a support for the cam (it costs around 10$) orto use a trypod or erase you with Photoshop. I'm not sure if an image can be rejected for appearing you or not, because I never uploaded an image like that. I always erased myself with my logo. The only thing that I can tell you is that your logo must not be higher than 556 pixels.

The objective to get the badge as "Trusted Photographer" is to work professionally. Appearing in the photos is not professional.

Regarding the rest of the policy for accepting or rejecting images, you can find it here. At the end, the problems I had were not due to my images but to a problem with the algorythms during 2 weeks. Now it seems to be that the problem is solved.

Images must have a resolution higher than 14 Megapixels.

Persons appearing must be blurred.

and you can read the rest here:

https://www.google.es/intl/es/streetview/privacy/ 

I hope this helps you.

Have a nice day!

Level 7

Thank you so much for all your help and wise support!

Level 7

Hi RupertW

I never uploaded images through anything else than the Streetview App.

It was a temporary problem with the algorythms. If you read well all my posts, there was a moment were I got more images rejected than my total of images, then my results were inversed and I got 32 rejected and 18 approved when in previous days my results were 32 approved and 18 rejected. I wasn't the only person affected by this.

Luckily everything has been solved and I got my badge after such a hard work and almost becoming crazy with this odd situation.

Thanks for your comments

Level 2

very interesting @Ofelia

Level 7

Thank you!

Level 2

@OfeliaExcuse me, I can not give you kudos, I am new user.

Level 2

@OfeliaI mean I am blocked