NarenChandra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Recently got my LG 360 , the quality is poor . Can some one help ?

Hello local guides . recently i have brought LG 360 cam but the quality is so poor . is there a problem with the cam i brought or is the lg itself poor , if you have one just give me your experience .

here is a example 

11 comments
Level 10

Re: Recently got my LG 360 , the quality is poor . Can some one help ?

@IlankovanT can i have few tips and suggestions .?

Level 8

It's the camera that is the problem. It's resolution isn't great and the dynamic range is also poor.

Level 9

Hi @NarenChandra I'm so sorry! I'm using Theta S and I don't have this LG 360 to test. can you check this Theta S 360 quality with yours?

Level 10

@Stuart that is what my concern is all about .

@Stuart wrote:

It's the camera that is the problem. It's resolution isn't great and the dynamic range is also poor.

Level 10

Hi @NarenChandra

360 Camera's usually have low quality image and shouldn't expect high quality image unless want to buy expensive 360 camera's

Level 10

Hi @NarenChandra I think your LG camera is performing as expected. However there are a few settings like contrast etc you can change with the LG 360 app. 

Aberrations are normal with fisheye lens (hence most 360 cameras on the market). However you can minimize it by taking pictures around the "golden hour" usually early morning and dusk when the light is softer.

It also seems you are taking your picture free hand. I would suggest you try setting it down because the camera takes a few seconds for the picture to complete and setting it down will offer you stability and reduces blur which is in your picture.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @NarenChandra

You should use the tripod or monopod when shooting. and clean up the nadir with GIMP+G'Mic. It is completely free tool.

Trust your camera! Good luck!!

Level 10

Thanks for the suggestions team , @Anonymous@WetCoastCanuck@SamanS@IlankovanT@Stuart , let me try out them and report it back .

Level 9

@NarenChandra  The set up that was suggested here in the community that I use is a tripod with a selfie stick on top of that. It brings the camera up to 4-6 feet and almost nothing shows at the base. I found that I needed to go to a stronger tripod. It allows for adjustable legs to level it on rough terrain and is heavy so that it helps if windy to prevent tipping over. I got a Manfrotto "element" tripod and if heavy wind can spread the legs for a wider base.  Just helps keep it as steady as possible for best clarity, but not DSLR quality.