Sulli1432's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Picture drop... Again!

Points drop again guys.. losing my faith in the system here as I appear to be being held back from being available for hire.

I have enough points and published / approved spheres but keep getting kicked back on Streetview stats to 25 spheres?

All published and approved when I view them individually on SV and are getting good hits on Maps!

I feel that Google is letting me down here as you/they are not providing a service as stated which would fall under the unfair

advertising / trade descriptions act if I am not mistaken? Don't mean to be an ass but I have worked hard and been run over by

some **####** on a moped in the pursuit of the project! (Asked what I was doing.. stated "Taking a photo for Google Maps" revved

up the engine and wheelied it into my chest and run over my leg because..  " I be spying on them.. Ya get me!" last 4 months in

Hospital and plastercast.  

The new Photo linking system is want for a better word.. toilet!! Please sort this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kindest regards

James

Nottingham, United Kingdom
8 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Picture drop... Again!

Hi James

Points can be lost if photos are removed or if the listings they are associated with are removed. A listing may be removed if the business closes or if the place should never have been mapped, also a place may be a duplicate.

I notice one of your photos is associated with National Water Sports Centre and Country Park and nearby there's a listing for Holme Pierrepont Country Park Although they have different names they share the same website and phone number. I don't know the area but I could imagine these two being marked as duplicates and since your photo appears on the unclaimed listing, you may lose the point. It's unclear what happens to photos and points when places are merged, maybe a Mod could comment on that if they know.

Another couple of your photos are of post boxes and in your contributions list these show up under Unknown Place, that's because post boxes are not mappable. If you added the place to the map and added the photo in theory you'd lose two points when the place is deleted.

On a side note you've shot photospheres for Hilton Valley , The Hop Merchant , Sid Sottung Academy , Quarter Barbers were any of these taken as part of a commercial service you offered? You've given them all five star reviews which could be a conflict of interest.

Btw, even if the Trade Descriptions Act 1968 were still in force, I doubt you'd have a claim as Google isn't selling you a service

Level 7

Not too bothered about the guide points really as those photos are getting plenty of hits.

Uploaded to 1 or 2 photos to 1 listing.. Have no idea what's happened there!

TBH I attend all premises prior and give everybody the same scrutiny

1 star for service

1 star for premises

1 star for food

1 star for drink

1 star for outstanding

date stamps will acknowledge that, If I feel the client is in a position to receive a 

sphere service I offer it. It is neither a deciding force or by any means influential.

The fact that this app keeps doing really random stuff seems to evade the!

Also given that I hold a NUJ Press card I am more than frequented in conflict of interest

and where copywrite laws etc apply. For the past few months I have been in plaster 

and doing this project for fun, however I expect stated rules to apply throughout or it 

would be classed as misleading.. wouldn't it?

Regards

James

Level 7

now my 51 dropped to 35 again.. some published approved ones are gone.. rather queer as they haven't been replaced nor did the site owners request so?? Still on maps though???

Level 9
Level 9

@JamesS wrote:

I am more than frequented in conflict of interest and where copywrite laws etc apply.  

The conflict of interest I was referring to was not a question of copyright, it's related to the Local Guides program rules, let me clarify: If you provide your photography services to a business, then you cannot review that business. It doesn't matter if it's an honest review based on your experience and doesn't matter how many stars you give, you cannot review them. 

Looking at your contributions, you have provided 'Candi Eye Studio' photospheres with reviews to several businesses. Your reviews then would seem to put you in violation of the program rules.

@TraciC has written on this before: "you shouldn't review businesses where you have a conflict of interest due to your own commercial interests". Traci, perhaps you can comment again here?

Btw your website is down http://www.candieyestudio.co.uk/ Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data02/34/2594134/html/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php') in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data02/34/2594134/html/wp-settings.php on line 151

Level 9
Level 9

@JamesS wrote:

now my 51 dropped to 35 again.. some published approved ones are gone.

Perhaps your spheres are being removed for violating this rule: Small, discreet copyright notices (such as a business name or logo) are allowed. Email addresses and phone numbers cannot be included in your images. 

https://goo.gl/maps/rA3sPHni7NL2

https://goo.gl/maps/kfj5SwskzDJ2

https://goo.gl/maps/bm67n1BQPA82

https://goo.gl/maps/bi5MMgni9ek

Interestingly the rule forbids email addresses but doesn't mention whether urls are allowed. Wonder if a Mod can comment?

Level 7

I see.. Personally I don't see how it makes any difference?

The shots are for free so surely I should get some benefit from them..

I suppose a hyperlink would be out of the question then? 😉

Sorry if I came across as a bit grumpy yesterday, Slipped on the stairs

with my crutches and had to hit the painkillers.. Can be a bit grouchy.

Regards

James

Street View Moderator

Hello-

Thanks @Pea for helping out!

@Sulli1432- Please review our Advertising and Attribution polices on this page (expand to show more). "Acceptable attribution must be limited to the bottom 10% of photos and the bottom 36º (bottom 20%) of photo spheres." It appears these photos violate that policy. 

Thanks!

Level 7

Hi Natalie & Philip

Thanks for helping to clarify that? Thought I was in the bottom 20% already down there?? The design is of

something similar already in use by Trusted Photographers in California. Some are certainly more colorful

than mine! lol Back in the office on Monday and will address the issue next week..

As Philip has already mentioned a URL is not specified, nor a Hyperlink could somebody please clarify?

Regards

James