JoeCullity's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Photospbhere on google maps, not showing up as a 360 picture.

I shot a single 360 photo-sphere and then edited it a bit (Lighten/darken stuff only, no cropping or change of resolution that I know of) using Google photos and since it was a single image, just posted it to Google Maps. It shows up in Maps, but as a flat (non 360) image.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mantoloking+Bridge+County+Park/@40.0414213,-74.0596172,3a,75y,90t/...

I've posted 360 single images this way before and it worked fine. BUT this is the 1st time I ever used Google Photos on them to correct lighten/darken/saturation... Did the use of Photos cause the image to display as flat?
any comments welcome.

5 comments
Level 7

Re: Photospbhere on google maps, not showing up as a 360 picture.

Yes.

As you say, you did it like this before.

But this is the first time you use Google photo.

In your question you have your answer.

As it worked before, use same program as that time.

Obviously Google photo is not a program you will use for editing 360° with. in the future

Very few program support editing without reset a few parameters in file afterwards.

For the other LG's here, it would be interesting to hear what other programs you used that it worked with.

Level 7

If you have not got the original it is possible to recover the situation...

...but I can't remember the tool you need off the top of my head - if you do need help with a recovery let me know and I will look it up. 

Level 7

@PatricL wrote:

For the other LG's here, it would be interesting to hear what other programs you used that it worked with.

Snapseed works for most tools and filters.

Level 7

ExifToolGUI I guess your looking for.

But as he just made it a bit brighter, easier to do that in other program instead,

ExifToolGUI is to messy to work with.

Level 10

Hi @JoeCullity, In Google Photos, on the expense of losing your editing work, you can go back to the editing tools and right next to the "Done" button, there is an "Undo edits" button. See if it works that way. Before undoing the edits, there is a three-dot menu nex to the "Done" button where you can save a copy of the image (instead of losing your editing work before undoing it).

Edit: I have also tried with a photo sphere of mine and it did not lose the "photo sphereness" of it. True that only pushed the "Auto" button.