Autumn2009's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Photos

when I add a photo to a location do I also need to add the same photos to my review? 

For example I add a Burger King photo but I've never been there. Then 3 weeks later I go and review it. Should I add photos again? 

7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 6
Solution

Re: Photos

The more photos you add the more points you will get.  I would say, definitely add photos from the day that you were there and anytime you go there.  

View solution in original post

Level 6
Solution

The more photos you add the more points you will get.  I would say, definitely add photos from the day that you were there and anytime you go there.  

Level 10

The answer is yes @Autumn2009  …  However, I'm a bit confused as to how you add the first Burger King photo if you've never been there. But be that as it may, yes, each time you re-visit a POI you can take and post more photos. Do not post duplicate photos, however.

Regards, Koby

@ryandaneman89

Level 6

Thank you Koby!  I have 2 kids so One of my hobbies is driving around town taking pictures of the buildings that do not have photos already. I posted a photo below instead of reviewing it I just add photo. When I do get a chance to go there, I write my review. 

IMG_20180731_233443.jpg

Level 10

Okay, thanks @Autumn2009   That clears it up for me. You were in fact there, just not inside. I do that myself sometimes but it didn't come across to me that way as I was reading your post. My bad. Being the first to post a POI's photo I find is gratifying, and gets you going on earning the Trailblazer Master badge. I made mine, now having  213 first photos of places and 145 first reviews and 70 added places, which has taken a lot of effort.  By the way, your photos are very nice.  It's a fun pastime and the whole Google Guides experience can become very addictive as well as a nice hobby.  Best of luck in your endeavors and go get that Master Trailblazer badge.  

Regards, Koby

@ryandaneman89

Level 8

Yes @Autumn2009 , you can add more new photos but different objects photo. Don't post duplicate or samr photo.

Level 7

@Koby, I totally agree that being a guide is a fun experience. I used to be into Geocaching, and going after the FTF (First to Find) when a new cache was hidden was a big thing amongst some players. Trying to get the first review on a place is very similar, but you don't have to go into the woods and deal with ticks and poison ivy. 🙂

Level 7

You can add, This will provide a better look to your review and will also fetch points