StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Photos of Museums and other tourists exhibits

@JustinAlex then tell me another thing if thier is 360 photo available already Why they will go to visit yes your point is right but a man can't copy paste From that photo form human body i said detailed planing for that they might use those photos or if any thief visit there he/she needs to be civil engineering or pycaso type artist don't take this topic too away we are not thifs😂

Level 10

Hi @StephenAbraham

As always nice and great topic to discuss. Actually it's valid points which you wrote above. 

Even our fellows @ayann @JustinAlex @antosmaman and @JibinPaul shared the good opinions.

But if we talk about that 360's, photos and videos could reduce the visitors of the museum or other historic buildings, I don't think so.....

FOR EXAMPLE we have millions of photos of NIAGRA FALLS but still hundreds of peoples spend thousands of dollars to visit that place to enjoy the real view. 

So we should share the photos to help people make better choice .

Where authorities not allowed the photography we shouldn't take photos to break the law...

Have a nice day all 

Level 9

@JustinAlex 

Today we had a talk 

@StephenAbraham our friend in Kerala Local Guides have send some nice photo of a museum .

Talking about the restriction he was telling he paid extra for fee for taking Photography . So the images could be taken and shared .

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 8

@Sariga But, it's not allowed everywhere even if we are ready to pay. Here in Trivandrum Napier Museum and in Thrissur Museum  photography is fully restricted .

Rest of them, i don't know...

Regards,

JUSTIN ALEX

Level 8

Getting Back to the OP's topic.    
Personally i think the discussion about virtual tours for museums are very relevant.  

I am talking with a zoo at the moment and together we realized that there are several meaningful points to consider for a zoo.  
In general there are already consumer grade spherical images shared from the zoo online of various quality and locations, so there are already a growing body of content which the zoo / museums do not control on the web, local guide stills are part of that content.  Talking virtual tours however we came up with these concerns which could be for or against making a tour..
1. Creating a tour with quality images throughout the zoo means taking "control" of the message by making sure there is quality content.
2. Could a tour show the zoo well but also leave a potential customer thinking "well I have seen it all" and not visit?
3. Definitely, will quality images maybe some of them be less exciting and cause people to feel the zoo is not always exciting and not visit?
4. Anti zoo / animal caging movements using the zoo's imaging content.
   This is a new and often powerful enemy of many zoo's could use a organized virtual tour as part of a narrative against a zoo.

These points was floated by the zoo PR / marketing team. and are all valid points which is worth thinking about before approaching museums etc.     personally I have found museums to be quite open to the idea of virtual tours,  two different animal parks / zoo's on the other hand was a bit nervous about a full fledged tour as they felt it was hard to manage the message in terms of the animals quality of care which they prefer still shots which focus more on "happy animals"  so i would guess zoo's are a less likely candidate than museums.
Nobody have expressed concerns that people can see art pieces in the tours,  after all, museums all advertise their art-pieces to bring customers in and see them in person.   
* note, Im not talking about photographing a virtual tour for free, but about the museum or zoo as a paying virtual tour customer.

** I find the discussion about us as local guides protecting museums by not photographing to be somewhat irrelevant.
   Thats to be managed by whatever local museum.  the greater issue is "can we help museums with tours and images"

Bo

Level 3

@WQ  Google Maps should not help thieves!