Compu24's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Photos from streetview

Good morning from south africa. can I take snap shots from streetview and and upload it to a certain place on maps? Is it against any local guide rules? I just want to know because there is also a lot of boards with information about places that I can fill in, so I just want to integrate the photos as well. 

Fochville, South Africa
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Photos from streetview

Thanks for tagging me @iDepp.

I can remember at least a couple of ex local guide, that was adding photos or screenshot taken from Street view.

@Compu24, you don't need to share with Google their products. We add our content. If Google need to use street view for verification of your edits, they will do it

View solution in original post

Level 10

HI @Compu24

as my point of view, I think Street View Photos are part of the Google Maps photos. so if we're taking snapshot from that photos and upload on google maps as a regular photo it is not fair. please refer The 5 core values of ConnectImage Acceptance & Privacy Policies and Local Guides Rules.

i think we need some help from @ErmesT.

hope this helps you.

thank you.

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 7

Thank you very much. The problem is that there are places that is not even added on the maps but there is streetview photo proof of the places with boards that have telephone numbers and other information on them. I traveled to Fochville yesterday and took a lot of photos but because I was offline google is not asking me to upload the photos and now I have to do it manually. (Its over 100 photos)

Connect Moderator
Solution

Thanks for tagging me @iDepp.

I can remember at least a couple of ex local guide, that was adding photos or screenshot taken from Street view.

@Compu24, you don't need to share with Google their products. We add our content. If Google need to use street view for verification of your edits, they will do it

Level 10

Thank you @ErmesT for your quick reply!

& 

Happy Birthday !

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

Hello @Compu24,

Please be aware that you should not be taking photos from any place and uploading them.  That is a violation of copyright.

The only photos you should be uploading are those where you were the photographer.

As your post is not an inquiry about how to map, I will move your post to the more appropriate sub-forum. This should help to get it proper exposure while also keeping the Mapping sub-forum on topic. Please ensure that each post you make is both appropriate for Local Guides Connect and in the correct sub-forum.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Excellent @ErmesT