Leslie37's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Photography

I would like to learn to use my Samsung Galaxy S7 camera to the best of my ability. Can anyone recommend a good place for me to begin?  I also have access to a Fujifilm FinePix S4200. I don't even know which one is technologically superior! Help, please!

Dallas, TX, United States
4 comments
Level 10

Re: Photography

Hi @Leslie37 any bridge camera as like as the Fuji will be better of a smartphone camera, nowadays; this is due to the larger sensor, that permit more light to be catpures, reducing noise in the photos. For casual photos during daylight you can use your S7, but when it's getting darker, at night, or when the subject is fast moving, you will better use the Fuji camera.

Always remember that you can post to maps photos you take with the Fuji, you only need to remove the digital card from the camera and, using an adapter, copy into your PC/Mac, then upload through the Google Maps website.

Level 8

The Galaxy S7 camera is what I used to go from 1-5. Love that camera.

Food Mode: One really cool thing to use is the Food mode. If you are in a restaurant use Food mode and move and expand the focus circle to a focal point of your meal. Having nicely colored sides on the plate or in the background helps and it will blur them for a food effect. Below is an example of Food mode using Galaxy S7. 

foodfocus.PNG

Exposure: If you are taking a photo in low light, tap the screen and you will see a slider with a light bulb. Slide this up and sometimes it can alleviate a low light problem. This is very useful!

Level 6

Thank you so much for your kind help! I just found your reply and it was right on time. I plan to attend my first LG event this weekend to take pictures. That low light tip will help so much as well.

Level 6

Thanks for your input. I will try the Fuji when I can. My meet up will be during the day, so it's nice to have two votes for the Samsung during the day.