arturolla's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Photo spheres - what should I improve?

Hello to all, are at work for a few weeks with my nikon 360 Keymission, I ask you to take a look at my photos on Street View and dirmini honestly what I need to improve, both in composition and in technical thanks

my photo on street view

arturo

Milano, MI, Italia
2 comments
Level 8

Re: Photo spheres - what should I improve?

personally  i would edit the image to remove all traces of yourself, if you don't want to do this, try getting a tripod and some form of remote operation of your camera. I checked out a couple of your photospheres and was put off with the one you are standing next to the camera and the ones where we see you holding the camera up. The part where you hold the camera is the nadir part of the image and there are lots of tutorials online on how to edit the nadir. if you used the tripod , nadir editing is very simple.

Level 7

Re: Photo spheres - what should I improve?

You asked, I answer.

Short answer: Everything!

Long answer: Looked at your spheres and some photos.

Findings: 360° Snapshots of a tourist when passing by whatever, with no composition at all, mostly in bad light.

So, where do you wanna go from there?

Learn how to take better snapshots/selfies or make amazing Panoramas?

In general you need to improve the following 10 things:

1. Make Horizon strait, I got seasick really fast, actually already from the thumbnails. If there is no option in camera or it's to hard, there is a similar camera that do this by default Ricoh Theta.

2. Light light light, learn when camera makes the best shots, find it's golden hour. This camera takes a 360° picture, all light in that area have to fit together, if it doesn't, it looks like ****.

Golden hour is different for each camera and lens. It's the time of "some days" when what ever you take a picture of looks amazing and crystal clear.

3. Spheres look a little bit off, or a lot. Not impressive at all. If this is the best keymission/you can do, upgrade. Otherwise learn how to make good HDR pictures with ISO 100 or lowest ISO possible.

Take the same picture over and over again with new settings until it looks good. If camera never makes a good picture this way, dump it.

4. Learn when it's pointless to even mount camera for a shot. Uneven light on all subjects, distance to objects, in front of a glass wall, etc...

5. Explore where the stiching is not visible anymore, 10cm or 1 meter. Never ever again take a picture within that radius from an object. Or, learn how to use the stiching to your advantage.

Unfortunately stiching looks very visible on all your photos and most distances, this is a camera issue.

6. A goooood tripod. I don't speak about a camera tripod now, they are only semi good for DSLR spheres. Find one that doesn't show up on pictures and at least 2.5 meters high. No nadir editing required then.

7. Remove yourself from all spheres, not in Photoshop. Tripod, timer and remote. In darkness you can simply set timer and shutter speed 10sec or whatever is required and then run around in the dark area if you don't find anywhere to hide.

8. Composition! Where to put camera to get the most out of it. Point camera at an object you want to show up in thumbnail. It takes spheres, but one lens is the front, another is the back. See the picture in your head before you take it.

If it's light, there is always shadow, learn how to avoid getting camera or yourself into the light, stay in the shadow.

9. Reflective objects do reflect, never stand in front of one while taking a picture/sphere. Always try to hide camera from being in the sphere by moving it away from mirrors/windows, or try to squeeze it in where the frame is.

10. Figure out what you want to do with this camera. Then ask how to do that. Not asking general questions with no real question in it that you don't already know the answer to.