GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Photo Views Count not updating on Google Maps

Hello everyone,

We've been getting some reports from Local Guides experiencing issues with the Photo View Counts not updating on Google Maps in the last few days.

Our team is aware of issue and is already working on a fix so you can see the latest views count of your photos soon.We will keep this post updated.

UPDATE (06/27/17): The team has resolved the issue and Local Guides should see the latest photos view counts. Thank you for your patience. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
97 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Photo Views Count not updating on Google Maps

[UPDATE]

Hello everyone,

The team has fixed the issue and Local Guides are now able to see the latest photo view counts on their profile again. We appreciate your patience.

We are also aware of the issue of the missing photos and points on the Local Guides profile and are currently investigating the issue.

To keep things organized, we are closing this post and if you'd like you can keep track of this issue in this post.

Thank you very much

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Level 7

Re: Views counter explanation needed

Hi, 

I think the drop in views maybe if a business is marked as closed. The points (and maybe views) for the contributions made to that place are no longer considered. 

It may also be if some of your photos are marked as spam and are no longer linked or shown on maps. 

Hope this helps

Level 10

Hi @ButiGa i think this is a glitch of the system.

Many are experiencing the same issue, including me.

eVfPTqT

Level 10

@ButiGa @LucioV I think you've uploaded a single photosphere by mistake for more than 1 place i.e duplicate photospheres. So Google may removed a photospheres which have got views and are duplicate. That is the reason the views got decreased.

[Duplicate photosphere: A photosphere uploaded at more than 1 place]

Level 7

@ButiGa wrote:

@VinayakGargWhy do you think that someone with 357 M views could have spam photospheres?. That agency is very serious and it is top uploader on Google Maps for photospheres. Why do you think so bad about other contributors?

@ButiGa You had a choice to read my reply in any tone and spirit which you desired - sad you chose a negative one 😞 

Level 10

I don't think this is due to duplicate spheres/photos removed.

Anyway, this always occur when you have poor connection... sometimes i upload ten or more copies of the same photo.... and then I have to work a lot to remove!

As i told you, i think this is a glitch of the system, and is going on since some days, eventually due to more computing power required to align the new points system.

Look at my delta view in the last days... was correct before 13/06, then started to be awful (you can't see negative value, because i filter <0 values to avoid odd graphs, but the last value should be around -3500 views).

QBm77Be

Level 10

Oh! The photosphere remains same on both the dates means as @LucioV has said that you may have poor internet connection or there is some system fault at Google.

@ButiGa Please check on the coming days, may be the views show the correct ones.

Level 10

Haha 

@LucioV You maintain a record of views, Well, Keep it up.

This is the good thing by seeing the records we can track our progress.

Level 10

The view count restarted, today, but it's odd, because the view count is the same exact number i had three days ago.

I suspect they used a backup!!!! 🙂

Level 10

@ButiGa wrote:

@LucioVFor me the strangest question is why I can not see views count for particular photo from other users any more. Why everything is not going better and better at Maps? Why they do not listen to the users? IMHO That is completely wrong strategy.

LG team is continuosly improving many aspects of the program after reviewing all the requests in feeback board.

Obviously some features are cross functional the teams, including Maps team and SV team, and sometimes Photo team; i think it's not easy to develop major changes.