FreD_YevicH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Perks and Jobs

Hello All,

I love to do Photography and have been putting business's up for months now on Google Maps, making them look spectacular with an Artistic touch.

1. What are some ways to profit from becoming a higher rank local guide? 

2. My category is Photography, for having 10's of thousands of views, how can I benefit from this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!?

3. Does anyone or is anyone part of any photography groups in the tristate area?? I'm trying to learn more and learn more about the average camera that I do not now about!

5. If anyone has any information on any of these questions please let me know!

V/r

Matthew

FreD YevicH Photography  by Matthew Jurewicz ®

Snow Flakz Ltd. ™ © 2017

Burlington, NJ, United States
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Perks and Jobs

Google don't offer you any perks and or job's for taking pictures,
maybe if you move the decimal point on your views 2-3 places to the right but I can't promise that.  😉
The most obvious potential for a business, seems to be getting your trusted photographer badge,   by posting 50+ spherical panoramas.   
once you got this squared away,  you can start creating virtual tours for local businesses, which will be visible through google-maps / StreetView 

Frankly im shocked to see how bad some of the "trusted photographer" content is,    its safe to say, get a basic set of gear,  take the skill seriously and learn to take great spherical 360 shots.  you will easily be  able to charge advertise and charge for business virtual tours.    and remember the local hotel need a fresh tour every time they change the decor etc.  😉  convince the market to do a regular tour and a holiday tour featuring the decorated market.

Once you have that skill firmly under control,  you can also look at the real-estate marker.  while nobody want tours of their house on StreetView (well at least most dont)   there is a thriving business providing vr tours for real-estate-agents.    that said, the price point for real-estate tours is somewhat depressed because everybody and their cousin are shooting "VR tours" 😉    make a good package with one click per room, use a single-click camera and  do a series of great pictures while there.  only your local agents can tell you what they are willing to pay for this kinda work in your area.  I find in greater hollywood a VR tour with stills can fetch $2500ish  but some jobs is as low as 500,  outside of high value markets (10+ million houses)  you are going to find the agents have less money to promote the property. 😉

back to virtual tours.    Make up a couple tiers of tour package shoot for businesses,  different levels of coverage and different levels of gear used.  i would look at starting around $250 for a straight forward shoot, limited post and direct or almost direct upload as you are shooting the job.   charge more to light the location and massage each shot for the max potential.

Anyway, long story,  this is the two angles I would focus on.

Bo

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Google don't offer you any perks and or job's for taking pictures,
maybe if you move the decimal point on your views 2-3 places to the right but I can't promise that.  😉
The most obvious potential for a business, seems to be getting your trusted photographer badge,   by posting 50+ spherical panoramas.   
once you got this squared away,  you can start creating virtual tours for local businesses, which will be visible through google-maps / StreetView 

Frankly im shocked to see how bad some of the "trusted photographer" content is,    its safe to say, get a basic set of gear,  take the skill seriously and learn to take great spherical 360 shots.  you will easily be  able to charge advertise and charge for business virtual tours.    and remember the local hotel need a fresh tour every time they change the decor etc.  😉  convince the market to do a regular tour and a holiday tour featuring the decorated market.

Once you have that skill firmly under control,  you can also look at the real-estate marker.  while nobody want tours of their house on StreetView (well at least most dont)   there is a thriving business providing vr tours for real-estate-agents.    that said, the price point for real-estate tours is somewhat depressed because everybody and their cousin are shooting "VR tours" 😉    make a good package with one click per room, use a single-click camera and  do a series of great pictures while there.  only your local agents can tell you what they are willing to pay for this kinda work in your area.  I find in greater hollywood a VR tour with stills can fetch $2500ish  but some jobs is as low as 500,  outside of high value markets (10+ million houses)  you are going to find the agents have less money to promote the property. 😉

back to virtual tours.    Make up a couple tiers of tour package shoot for businesses,  different levels of coverage and different levels of gear used.  i would look at starting around $250 for a straight forward shoot, limited post and direct or almost direct upload as you are shooting the job.   charge more to light the location and massage each shot for the max potential.

Anyway, long story,  this is the two angles I would focus on.

Bo

Level 1

ya, ya, photo coverage is an art, everybody can't do it. be humble & passionate.