Nregac's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Number of photographs reduced

I have under my contributions 15,472  photographs with 12,571,869. Suddenly, as of today, the number of "recognised" photographs in my profile came down to 3, which significantly reduced my level, while the number remains correct when it comes to my Master Photographer" badge!

Did this happen to anybody else? What did happen, does anybody know?

14 comments
Level 8

Re: Number of photographs reduced

@Nregac its quite unique insident happen with you i think many photos of you might be reported in past and that's​ why its happened​

Level 9

i see no reason to be reported, and it never happened before. the strange thing is that the number of my photographs has not been reduced in my badges count... 

Connect Moderator

Hi @Nregac it's unlikely that many images would be removed through reporting. Do you see the same numbers in the mobile App and on desktop website maps.google.com?

Feel free to PM me a link to your profile (the link to Your Contributions) for a quick look and I can raise it with the Googlers for you.

Regards Paul

Level 9

Hi @PaulPavlinovich

so far I also have no links to the Maps profiles.

https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/maps-de/lA1cOteAyfw/WJq6CZO4AAAJ

But if 2 users report the same thing in a short time period in the german Maps forum often its a new issue.

Maybe its already known?

cheers

geo.osm

Connect Moderator

HI @geoosm yes that is certainly possible that there is an issue impacting several people.

I've not seen much chat about it but it could certainly be happening.

What could also be happening is that for quite some time there has been a "back door" way to add photos to Maps to things other than places in order to gain points and I've seen some indication that these image contributions may be getting cleaned up (removed). Please note that not saying that is what has happened to @Nregac and I'm communicating with that person via PM at the moment to help them and will escalate the issue once I have enough information.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

That is a very interesting question from a Level 1 LG @WQ are you perhaps a former higher level LG who has created a new account after being removed from the program?

Level 9

Hi @PaulPavlinovich

it was not the back door way.

In the meanwhile I have the profile URL's and in both cases it could be a violation of the rules.

Photos spam and unwanted content.

But only for a part of the photos.

If my observation is correct, I would expect that only these photos will removed from Maps or the user will kicked off the LG program.

But that didnt happen.

So I have escalated it in the german forum to get clarification.

cheers

geo.osm

Connect Moderator

Hi @WQ if one of the spheres is rejected you won't be able to share it because only you can see it.

Regards Paul

Level 9

Hi @WQ

its always a good idea to provide a link if you have questions related to a specific a photo or POI.

Here the link to the screenshot from the Photosphere.

https://goo.gl/maps/GqGy9ijmA1o

As I dont see your view, its important to know how and where did you search and open the Photosphere to reproduce it.

cheers

geo.osm