ClockTowerComm's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

New Samsung Gear 360 (2016 edition) Won't Load Thumbnail Images into Street View App

Hi, all:

I've been working with a Samsung Gear 360 camera via the Google Loan program for the last few weeks and everything has been fine. I just purchased my own camera, same exact model, to continue shoots and noticed that it won't connect properly in the street view app. The thumbnail images remain grey with the "add maps listing" text, while the photospheres are perfect once you click on the grey thumbnail. So I know the images are there, but how do I get the preview image to appear? Is there a setting I'm missing on the camera? I've connected the other camera and it seems to work fine and I've also loaded the pre-stocked 360 photos from the camera itself individually and they looked fine. Clearly there is a setting I'm missing when capturing footage. I've even waited overnight to see if it was a loading delay, but it didn't seem to be the problem. Please help!  I'm in the middle of a project and I've reached out to Google with no response to date.

1 comment
Level 8

Re: New Samsung Gear 360 (2016 edition) Won't Load Thumbnail Images into Street View App

Hi @ClockTowerComm

1. Check that you have latest firmware / apps installed.
  2. Remove the app and reinstall Gear 360 app from Galaxy App Store
  3. Important! If you have VPN on on your phone disable it. (The problem gets fixed when some users disable VPN on their phone.)

Cheers