ahmedsaqlainbhatti's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

My Local Guide Photo got published

The picture i took for putting on Google Maps got featured in the SAARC calendar for 2018. 

Just wanted to share this with my Guide family. 🙂

The picture is of Katas Raj Temples in Pakistan. 

"The Katas Raj Temples (Punjabi, Urdu: کٹاس راج مندر‬‎, also known as Qila Katas(قلعہ کٹاس‬),[2] are several Hindu temples connected to one another by walkways. The temples form a complex surrounding a pond named Katas which is regarded as sacred by Hindus.The complex is located in the Potohar Plateau region of Pakistan's Punjab province. The temples are located near the town of Kallar Kahar, and are near the M2 Motorway.

The temples' pond is said in the Puranas to have been created from the teardrops of Shiva, after he wandered the Earth inconsolable after the death of his wife Sati. The pond occupies an area of two kanals and 15 marlas, with a maximum depth of 20 feet.

The temples play a role in the Hindu epic poem, the Mahābhārata, where the temples are traditionally believed to have been the site where the Pandava brothers spent a significant portion of their exile. It is also traditionally believed by Hindus to be the site where the brothers engaged in a riddle contest with the Yakshas, as described in the Yaksha Prashna. Another tradition states that the Hindu deity Krishna laid the foundation of the temple, and established a hand-made shivling in it."

Link to SAARC:

https://www.saarcchamber.org/

Link to Photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Fnpc0Ii4owpLBYye2

5 comments
Level 10

Re: My Local Guide Photo got published

That's awesome, nice one!

Level 8

@paysin wrote:

That's awesome, nice one!

Yes, Congratulations @ahmedsaqlainbhatti

Cheers

Level 7

Congrats!  That's great, I went there in past.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing it with us. 

Level 7

Congratulations!! Keep sharing 🙌🙌🙌🙌