dbstirl's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Modifying a note on a photo within Google Maps

Hi, I uploaded a photo in Google Maps and added a note with the photo. I've realized I made a mistake on that note and would like to modify it.  I've done some searching to find out how to edit the note, but haven't been able to find a solution.  Any suggestions?

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Modifying a note on a photo within Google Maps

@dbstirl @mhjn  Only uploaded photo cannot be edited again, but one can edit the note or subject or tagline written for the photo. In mobile go to Local guide section in the Google maps. Select the photo from photo section, tap on the note or tagline. The keyboard will pop up, just do the edit for the note... and there is no limit on editing the note or tagline or subject written alongwith the photo... 

View solution in original post

Level 8

once added cant be edited mate, but you can again upload with edited picture mate @dbstirl

on safe side after the pic got uploaded, do delete previous one.

Level 10
Solution

@dbstirl @mhjn  Only uploaded photo cannot be edited again, but one can edit the note or subject or tagline written for the photo. In mobile go to Local guide section in the Google maps. Select the photo from photo section, tap on the note or tagline. The keyboard will pop up, just do the edit for the note... and there is no limit on editing the note or tagline or subject written alongwith the photo... 

Level 7

@AjitW Thank you so much! That was driving me crazy.  As you describe, that works perfectly on my cell phone app.  I had taken that photo so long ago with so many photos taken since then I didn't want to take the time to scroll back on the phone, so I was only trying to modify it on my home computer.  Apparently, you can edit the photo on the phone, but cannot on the computer.  Mystery solved. Thanks again. 

Level 9

salut, @AjitW

moi aussi j'ai eu le mem pb sauf que  pour modifier la note de la photo  je dois défiler toute les photos que j'ai pris depuis la derniére fois.

donc j'ai fait l'année dernière des photos d'un lieu, aujourd'hui j'ai ajouter une nouvelle photo sauf que mon smartphone il ajoute a chaque fois un tag  samsung a chaque fois.

Mohamed Ksouri