TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

#. MaGIC-5. Bokeh Effect in Single Lens Mobile Camera

Intro:

This series is for Common Guides / People and with Mobile Camera in Mind (mainly)

1. “BOKEH” is an effect by which the near object is in full focus and the background becomes Blurred – This effect is prominent in SLR & DSLR like Cameras.
  2. In Dual Lens Mobile Camera, Bokeh effect can be achieved without much effort – that too, to a good extend.
  3. But, this Bokeh can be achieved in Single Lens Camera, (with digital Zoom – ie. Enlarging with fingers).

STEPS:

1. Go to Camera Mode in your Mobile (This is applicable to Dual / Triple Lens Cameras too)
  2. Select Auto (Mode Selection) or in Manual / Pro mode also, you can do this,
  3. Frame the Photo with a Prominent Primary Object (The object which needs to be in focus)
  4. For appealing results, this photography is better in GOOD, BRIGHT LIGHT!
  5. “Pinch” to Zoom the Primary object to more than 2X Zoom (Maximum, the better) – But, since digital zoom introduces high level of “Grains”, make a Balance / Compromise!
  6. Or move the camera a bit to get the best / required effect!
  7.  Click the shot & See

The following two shots are taken in a single lens, Samsung camera:

Note: 1st Shot everything is in Focus; 2nd shot, only the bottle top is in focus (The Stones are out of focus) !

NO Bokey.jpgBokeh.jpg

All the best.. 

Kindly try & let me know your comments..

Your Kudos are my motivation!

Thanks.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Yercaud, Tamil Nadu, India
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: **MaGIC-5**. Bokeh Effect in Single Lens Camera

Hi @TravellerG thanks for sharing, but bokeh is more about the out of focus bright highlights in the background of an image when that image is taken with a wide open aperture like f1.2 it can also refer to the smooth creaminess and feathered aspects of the background. It doesn't really refer to near objects being out of focus. It is easy to get a narrow depth of field. It is difficult to get a pleasing bokeh without an aperture of f2.8 or wider.

Here are a couple of examples showing what I mean... These two images are both shot at f1.2 using an Olympus 45mm prime lens on my OM-D E-M1 Mk II.

creamy feathery background is bokehcreamy feathery background is bokehout of focus floating candles behind the three in the foreground are bokehout of focus floating candles behind the three in the foreground are bokeh

Level 10

Dear & respected friend, @PaulPavlinovich

I thank you for your attention..

I fully agree with you, since I have been playing with cameras since 1969. Our discussions are for people who use mobile, without much knowledge of Professional Photography.

Dear, here my aim was to moralize few of enthusiasts, (as most of these points are questions answered / referred in my photographic classes). You can understand majority of people who uses single lens mobile camera - Just thought that they can do some Bokeh effect..

The demonstrated picture too is of that value only - Hope, you understood my efforts...

Thanks

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Thanks for this interesting thread of your series @TravellerG! In this I have to agree with @PaulPavlinovich!

Here is some samples of bokeh from my library

2288928005_12781ba95e_b2152612487_e1b04b9e38_b21508640051_e61eea18e9_o.jpg