Ephras's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Location proposals no longer working

Hi together.

I started participating in the local guides project a few months ago and really enjoyed how easy it was to contribute something.

Just take photos of interesting places, have a look into the google maps > your contributions from time to time and see what is proposed to add (photos/reviews/rating).

Then i could just pick the photos i think are interesting (already assigned to a location), upload them and done.

Similar for the reviews, just see what is proposed and if I were there give a rating/review.

However, since ~2-3 weeks I no longer get proposals for photos to upload and places to rate.

I still get some questions about places i rated in the past from time to time, but nothing new.

I'm usually using it on may android mobile device (nexus 5x) with google maps version 9.56.1

Does anyone know what the Reason for this could be?

Kind regards,

Stefan

4 comments
Level 9

Re: Location proposals no longer working

@Ephras wrote:

Hi together.

I started participating in the local guides project a few months ago and really enjoyed how easy it was to contribute something.

Just take photos of interesting places, have a look into the google maps > your contributions from time to time and see what is proposed to add (photos/reviews/rating).

Then i could just pick the photos i think are interesting (already assigned to a location), upload them and done.

Similar for the reviews, just see what is proposed and if I were there give a rating/review.

However, since ~2-3 weeks I no longer get proposals for photos to upload and places to rate.

I still get some questions about places i rated in the past from time to time, but nothing new.

I'm usually using it on may android mobile device (nexus 5x) with google maps version 9.56.1

Does anyone know what the Reason for this could be?

Kind regards,

Stefan

Hie @Ephras my dear the proposal about which you are talking avail on few places. But you can still add photos, reviews and other all information to Map. Try to give your best to that others can find it helpful. 

For example if there is a public place near you or where you are visiting try adding it with complete details. 

Happy Mapping 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 6

Hey, thanks for your response.

This could of course be one explanation, but I highly doubt it.

Before 2-3 weeks ago basically every restaurant I went was suggested for review, similar for supermarkets, etc.

But now there is completely nothing, and I were at some places which could be seen as points of interest (other restaurants, bigger town centers,...).

So I don't think this is the (only) reason for this change.

Either something was changed in the proposal algorithm or something is buggy (for me).

Kind regards,

Stefan 

Level 5

Hi Ephras

Did you find a solution to his issue as I am having a similar problem.

Level 6

Hey Shawne_,

Unfortunately not.

Although after some more days it started to give me some proposals again, just not in the amount it was before.

So I just assume that google changed the algorithm when places are proposed leading to a smaller amount of places being proposed.

Kind regards,

Stefan