BoLorentzen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Linked Photo Spheres in Street View App not working right in Google Maps

Soooo.. this is probably a complete noob question.  
Just started building my "50" 🙂
But ran into a couple snags along the way.

First and definitely puzzling,   I shot 6 shots,   I load all of them into street view,  select the correct location for each and then "publish all"   
so far so good.

When I go to profile, find the group of shots, it do say 6 shots.  
BUT when clicking on the first one and selecting "move and connect"  I only get a group of 5 shots???   is this a noob limitation because I don't have "trusted" level yet ?   

Bo

IMG_0315 copy.jpgIMG_0316.PNG

Süi Jip, North Western Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, United States
4 comments
Level 10

Re: Linked Photo Spheres in Street View App not working right in Google Maps

Hi @BoLorentzen, this is definitely not a "noob limitation" (below trusted level) as there is no such - but some different glitch. 

I know that I have had tours that are notorious but cannot tell what your issue there is. One thing maybe: are all the panoramas added to the exactly same POI?

Level 8

The shots are 6 clicks pretty much along a line.   facing different directions.  but all in the same location.  
@Csaba Not circling a object and all linked to that.   basically they are all like a daisy chain, you can not skip one to the other just click to the next. 🙂

LOL I dreamed the noob-limit up because I have a couple locations that each would count more than 50 spheres and figured the 50 figure probably is a initiative for newer photogs to get some consistency.  

I have been shooting commercial spheres since the nineties doing tours with old stuff like iPix still have the official hat ha ha. 😉    
BTW just read that PanoSkin may be possible a graphic user-interface for posting tours to StreetView?

Bo

Level 10

I was just trying to say something with the number of the photos. As far as I can tell from your screenshots (especially the second) that it indeed only shows 5 pics (also the number atop). 

I have just tried Panoskin. The free version allows 5 tours a month (with unlimited photo spheres) but now if you register, will get the features of the pro for a whole month. If you do not subscribe during this month, at the end it will revert to the free version.

IMO not too intuitive but if you read some of the help documentations, you can get started in about an hour. I am not sure how effective it is when publishing (I should try but I have only had some 360 photos that should not be published on Google SV as the palace I shot them in is in ruins and it is be my job to enforce its renovation 🙂 

Another advantage of these publishing tools (you can also try gothru) that they support levels (multiple floors) as well. Something I have yet to try myself.

Level 8

Thank you sir.  I will try gothru as well.  

LOL  that castle brings me to my constant bug,  specially having been photographing panos for almost 30 years,   the world is constantly changing.  Google really need to create some kinda time-line slider on street view.   so we can slide back and see what downtown Bangkok looked like 1995 instead of 2015 ish.   your castle panos are technically appropriate at the moment, and will be interesting in the future when you post the after renovation pano/spheres.   

This would be particularly interesting before-after war zones,  big California fires,  hurricanes etc.   (and after reconstruction even)   😉