cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Known issue: "Available for hire" option on SV app

MAY 29 - UPDATE

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your patience. Most of you are now able to opt-in for the 'Available for hire' option on the Street View app, and now you have the trusted badge on your profile.

If this is not your case, please let us know in the comments.

----------------

Hello!

We have received reports from some Local Guides who were unable to switch the “Available for hire” option on the Street View app to receive the trusted badge, even after they had published 50 approved 360 photos.

The Street View team is aware of it and is currently investigating the root cause. If you are facing the same situation, please make sure to have the latest operating system firmware as well as upgrading to the latest SV app version.

We’ll update this thread once the issue is solved; meanwhile, please feel free to share with us your case in the comments below.

Thank you

151 comments
Level 4

Unable to toggle avaliable for hire (55 uhd 360 approved)

Hello, 

I have over 50 approved 360 photos, and can not turn on the «-available for hire» button. My 50th photo was approved about 2-3 weeks ago, all In ultra HD. How long do i have to wait before i can get the trusted badge and list myself as available for hire?

Thanks in advance!

Level 8

Re: Unable to toggle avaliable for hire (55 uhd 360 approved)

Hello @Interarctic

Read this by Street View expert @Yohanad

"Thank you for checking with us. We've seen a few other people facing the same issue, so the team is digging into this to understand and solve as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, could you please:

a) Delete, reinstall the Street View app and try to opt-in the Available for hire again?

b) Let me know the results.

Thanks!" Link

"we've seen more users with the same issue, so the team is still looking into it. Unfortunately, for now I can't provide a date for the solution, but I'll let you know once it's solved. Thanks!" Yohanad  link 

So it seems lot of users are facing this problem currently and there is no solution yet.

Cheers

Level 4

Yea, ive allready tried the sollution without luck. 

Guess ill just have to wait for an update.

How about getting the «trusted» badge, or is that a part of the «available for hire» switch? Thats what i really want to get.

Level 5

Thank you for sharing this, @Interarctic. Indeed, there have been other Local Guides reporting the same. The team is investigating the issue; once it's solved, I'll update the main topic: Known issue: "Available for hire" option on SV app

Level 6

Re: Known issue: "Available for hire" option on SV app

Thank you for keeping us updated.
It's been several weeks since I first had my 50 360 photos approved and I've complied with every other requirement.
My sv apps are up-to-date both on android and ios but the switch won't work.
I'm hoping this will get sorted soon, I'm looking forward to continuing to contribute as trusted photographer.

Regards,

Tom

Perth, Western Australia

Level 10

Hi @Yohanad,

Thanks for the update! Once the issue is solved, how will we get to know about the fix? Will you post an update to this discussion, or will you send it to each of us?

Thanks a lot!

Level 10

Thanks @Yohanad for taking initiation to resolve the issue we have reported. Hope to get the Trusted Street view badge and available for Hire.

Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Till Now I've contributed 168 photo spheres so far  All the photos spheres, I think, are meeting the guidelines mentioned. However, when I try to turn on the 'Available or Hire' button, it turns on but when I exit from the menu or some time its off immediately it saying that 'Required 50 published and approved photos'.
I also have the same issue as other are facing ....
Level 1

Hi all!

@alexwalkhoff When we have any news regarding to this issue we’ll update this thread 😃 

Thanks!!