mhjn's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Just started street view photography

One doubt is that if i take the 360 degree pic of a place that i have already taken normally for Google map than i don't get point for that 360 degree pic but is it counted as one of 360 pic for becoming street view photographer

8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: Just started street view photography

If you take a 360° of a place you already took a photo of and got 1 point for, you will not get a second point for this place.

But if the 360° is good and meet requirements, you will get 1 approved 360° sphere.

When you reach 50 approved 360° spheres, you will get a mail and can apply to become a Trusted Street view photographer.

View solution in original post

Level 7
Solution

If you take a 360° of a place you already took a photo of and got 1 point for, you will not get a second point for this place.

But if the 360° is good and meet requirements, you will get 1 approved 360° sphere.

When you reach 50 approved 360° spheres, you will get a mail and can apply to become a Trusted Street view photographer.

Level 8

Thanks for reply @PatricL please tell me also that where to find these sphere points, if i got

Level 7

In Street View App, open it and slide once left, here you will see how many photos you uploaded. Hit "stats" and you will see how many of them are approved.

Level 8

Thanx a lot @PatricL for the help🙂🙂

Level 8

Changed the name of community to Punjab local guide @PatricL

Level 9

Nice solution . I admire. Thoughit  is a little difficult but the most fascinating one

Level 7

Hello @mhjn and @PatricL

Actually the solution is wrong from what I know.

You will get a point even if you have posted normal Google Maps photo's to the location as a 360 photo counts as just another photo.

Also yes if approved it also counts towards the 50 approved photos for Trusted Photographer and the Available for hire status.

FYI = I got points for my 360 photos of places even though I had posted Normal Google Maps photos to the POI.

Also FYI, the stats function takes a few days to update with information on approved photo's and number of views for all 360 photo's.

If you need more information about points, please take a look at this ( Summary of the new Local Guides badges and points. ) 

360 photo's are treated with the same points as a photo.

Level 7

Well, rules are changed since we wrote this answer, now you get points per picture, this wasn't how it worked one year ago.