SouvickP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: I'm quitting after level 7 as a local guide.

To being local guide uploading information and if it will eat(kill) our own gmail space unless google wont provide us extra benefit of storage than no need to be local guide.
I am quitting.
It does not worth to upload photo and review doing volunteer  for that also. I need to pay for storage and Same information is used by Google for public (free) and commercial (Business) purpose also.

Hi All Local Guides Contributor, Please support this point if you people also agree on this.
Otherwise thanks for reading my post. Never mind better to quit.     

Level 6

Popieram wspieramy Google a za więcej miejsca musimy płacić. jestem na poziomie 6 nawet promocji na zakup miejsca nie ma. 

Jakiś czas temu była oferta na 1T. Słabo może więcej głosów wówczas Google pomyśli o rozwiązaniu?

Level 10

@VinkoV wrote:

You can buy disk space from Google

Nice try @VinkoV

You don't work for Google by any chance? 😉

For those of us who dedicate a fair amount  of free time to Google, taking photos, posting reviews, updating and adding places, I think most would agree that FREE additional space should be given automatically to allow for any photos uploaded to Google Maps.

Cheers

Brian

Former Google Contributor

@VinkoV

When a post is marked as a solution, it becomes green and will be visible twice in the thread :). Thank you.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 5

@MariaBi wrote:

@VinkoV

When a post is marked as a solution, it becomes green and will be present as two posts in the thread :). Thank you.

Thank you for your explanation. Personally I feel confused reading two times the same post/

Level 5

@GYours wrote:

@VinkoV wrote:

You can buy disk space from Google

Nice try @VinkoV

You don't work for Google by any chance? 😉

For those of us who dedicate a fair amount  of free time to Google, taking photos, posting reviews, updating and adding places, I think most would agree that FREE additional space should be given automatically to allow for any photos uploaded to Google Maps.

Cheers

Brian

Thank you @GYours. No I do not work for Google. But I am pretending to be brown collar as many of users here 😉

It seems that you did not got 1 Tb for level 4 from Google. Please be aware that adding photos to Maps do not take any space from yours free 15 Gb.  I also think that 1 Tb was tooo much, and for tooo short period. I would be quite satisfied to get 15 Gb per level per 10 years, but nobody asked me.

Level 2

This is not true my friend. LocalGuides is a community service and Google is not intended to force you to buy extra space. You can simply transfer the ownership to the account of the places you have shot so that the size of photo would not count in your personal Google drive space and it won't mean that you'll lose your ability to flaunt your participation as your personal label will still show on the photos whose ownership is transferred to the place the photo was taken.

Level 7

How do I transfer the ownership of my photos?

@JoeCullity wrote:

If you transfer ownership of the photos to the account of the places you have shot, you still get credit and your personal label is still shown on the photos, but the storage space used is now the new owners. That's what most people do. - ALSO I think (pronounce that... I'm guessing) that when you delete stuff from drive, you have a couple of days to change your mind and retrieve it from the Trash Can. or you can just Empty The Trash. - I don't think you see your available space increase until the photos have been BOTH deleted from Drive and removed from the Trash Can

Level 8

Wow... they should not count photos tied to Google Maps as taking up space.. they should go somewhere separate or something. That is messed up.

Level 1

@SouvickP you may apply for free up gradation of Google Drive through registering your ID with Google Cloud.