SouvickP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

I'm quitting after level 7 as a local guide.

How to upload 360 photos without uploading on Google photos?  Because 360 photos have eaten up all my free Google Drive storage. After deleting all those photos from the google photos same space is occupied there in drive and it also those photos automatically removed from my maps and I lost many points. If this is the case then I'll be not able to continue. 

97 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: I'm quitting after level 7 as a local guide.

Hi @SouvickP,

Thanks for your great work and passion - we do appreciate it.

Did you check your trash folder? As @JoeCullity suggested, if your available space is not increased, it means that the photos might be still in the trash folder and you might be able to retrieve them. 

My suggestion will be also to use Google Photos to back up your photos  and, when trying to delete the originals, use the 'Free up space' feature. Do not delete the backed up photos. Plus make sure to change the photo quality to 'High Quality' instead of 'Original' (unless you use a Pixel phone) so that the photos don't count towards your Drive quota. Please read here for more tips on how reducing and changing size of your photos.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them

View solution in original post

Level 8

If you transfer ownership of the photos to the account of the places you have shot, you still get credit and your personal label is still shown on the photos, but the storage space used is now the new owners. That's what most people do. - ALSO I think (pronounce that... I'm guessing) that when you delete stuff from drive, you have a couple of days to change your mind and retrieve it from the Trash Can. or you can just Empty The Trash. - I don't think you see your available space increase until the photos have been BOTH deleted from Drive and removed from the Trash Can

Level 8

You have worked so hard for uploading these photos reviews and stuff that really helped a lot of people there.. U shouldn't quit. If you don't wanna contribute it's ok. U will get back someday when you will listen people saying

@JoeCullity wrote:

If you transfer ownership of the photos to the account of the places you have shot, you still get credit and your personal label is still shown on the photos, but the storage space used is now the new owners. That's what most people do. - ALSO I think (pronounce that... I'm guessing) that when you delete stuff from drive, you have a couple of days to change your mind and retrieve it from the Trash Can. or you can just Empty The Trash. - I don't think you see your available space increase until the photos have been BOTH deleted from Drive and removed from the Trash Can

@JoeCullity wrote:

that they are on the right track just because of a person like you. 

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @SouvickP,

Did you check your trash folder? As @JoeCullity suggested, if your available space is not increased, it means that the photos might be still in the trash folder and you might be able to retrieve them. 

My suggestion will be also to use Google Photos to back up your photos  and, when trying to delete the originals, use the 'Free up space' feature. Do not delete the backed up photos. Plus make sure to change the photo quality to 'High Quality' instead of 'Original' (unless you use a Pixel phone) so that the photos don't count towards your Drive quota. Please read here for more tips on how reducing and changing size of your photos.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 6

My point here is and writing this message : 
"To being local guide uploading information and if it will kill and eat our own gmail space unless google wont provide us extra benefit of storage than no need to be local guide". Better to  quit.... 
with this regards :
I have posted this post, with similar issue.

Level 5

You can buy disk space from Google

Level 5

@MariaBi why you are are writing double messages?

@MariaBi wrote:

Hi @SouvickP,

Level 5

@laxmangatuam There is simple solution, buy from Google some extra spa

@laxmangatuam wrote:

My point here is and writing this message : 
"To being local guide uploading information and if it will kill and eat our own gmail space unless google wont provide us extra benefit of storage than no need to be local guide". Better to  quit.... 
with this regards :
I have posted this post, with similar issue.

ce

Level 6

I think that’s what its all about ,the more you contribute with Photos you use up the space, then you have to purchase more space, at the beginning  we are thinking that we are doing the community some good by posting reviews with Photos with Google but in the end have to pay out, correct me if I am wrong.

Level 10

@SouvickP Man you are addicted to LG Connect and bat, you wouldn't be able to discontinue. hope to see you regularly. 

@Peterz

@VinkoV

@laxmangatuam

@MariaBi

@SouvickP wrote:

How to upload 360 photos without uploading on Google photos?  Because 360 photos have eaten up all my free Google Drive storage. After deleting all those photos from the google photos same space is occupied there in drive and it also those photos automatically removed from my maps and I lost many points. If this is the case then I'll be not able to continue.