VinkoV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

I just noticed several same photos on different (wrong) locations. What to do?

I just noticed several same photos on different (wrong) locations. What to do? Is this normal as it is possible to add the same photo on various locations? Maybe the photographer is not sure where it photographed that photo, so he added it to all places? What to do? How I can remove those wrong located, but nice photos to the right location? 

12 comments
Level 7

Re: I just noticed several same photos on different (wrong) locations. What to do?

Level 5

Re: I just noticed several same photos on different (wrong) locations. What to do?

@ZekariasT  I know that, but this photo is very nice. Do you agree? I do not mind if this one excellent photo is put on several locations, like on the location of particular church, on the part of the city, on the city, on the region, on the state. But I do mind if this is put on other locations, which has no connection at all. What to do? Google moderators will probably delete this fantastic picture from all locations. 

Level 7

@VinkoV In my point of view, Google is trying to give accurate information; if you put one picture everywhere because it is beautiful - it will misguide those who are going to use that as a source of data. But, if it is interesting enough for people to see it, even if you put it one place it will get more views. So putting it on where it belongs wont keep it hidden, and If it is placed on the appropriate place, google moderators wont delete it.

Level 5

@ZekariasT I do agree with you. As many photos on Maps do not have enough of contrast and sharpness, this one is not only technically perfect, but it has artistic approach too! It is a piece of art, real masterpiece. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VinkoVI think you should report this

Level 3

All these wrong and duplicate photos are still here. No one photo is removed. I wonder why there are so many Connect moderators, google moderators, google administrators and googlers if nobody is watching and acting on Local Guides Connect? After more than a year after publishing, all those duplicates on wrong locations are still on Maps. This looks hopeless!. 
@VinkoV wrote:

I just noticed several same photos on different (wrong) locations. What to do? Is this normal as it is possible to add the same photo on various locations? Maybe the photographer is not sure where it photographed that photo, so he added it to all places? What to do? How I can remove those wrong located, but nice photos to the right location? 

Level 10

@GeorgesHR @NadyaPN @KlaudiyaG Referring the first message. This flagged user apparently has been posting many same photos to multiple locations. For your investigation and action.

@VinkoV Thanks for sharing this. Regarding identifying spam and how to report potential spam or a potential spammer, have a quick glance at this link below.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-to-identify-and-report-fraud-on-Google-...

If it's few photos, some location, we can just flag or report on Google Maps app.

If we feel a particular user is a real potential spammer, create a post in LG Connect and tag a few Google Moderators about wanting to report a potential spammer, but don't share details about the person (for privacy reasons). This is the list of current Google Moderators. The Google Moderator will contact you privately via private message to ask for the details, and will take action in due time, which results will not be shared.

Investigation and action will take a bit of time.

Level 10

@ZekariasT this screenshot you shared details the way to flag an inappropriate post in LG Connect. For example, if someone wrote a post that's against the rules of LG or LG Connect such as sharing illegal content. We as LG Connect users are encouraged to flag content that's inappropriate, with the our remarks. 

spam.png

Level 10

@VinkoV If we as Local Guides find certain photos in Google Maps that don't belong to a particular location, open the photo, and click the Flag icon, and select "Not a photo or video of the place". And if the photo is in the right location, no report or flag is required. The back-end process will decide on whether to keep or remove the flag photos based on Local Guides feedback as above. If a photo of a place is not flagged, then there will be no change. So ideally, all the wrong locations' photos will be removed leaving the right one in place.

=== replying to VinkoV ‎18-06-2017 01:40 AM ===

I know that, but this photo is very nice. Do you agree? I do not mind if this one excellent photo is put on several locations, like on the location of particular church, on the part of the city, on the city, on the region, on the state. But I do mind if this is put on other locations, which has no connection at all. What to do? Google moderators will probably delete this fantastic picture from all locations.