VinkoV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: I just noticed several same photos on different (wrong) locations. What to do?

Hey @StephenAbraham,

Thanks for reaching out!

Hi @VinkoV,

Usually such photos, should be flagged for removal on Google Maps directly, but in this case we are talking about a serial spammer.

I will send you a private message with more information.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 5

Re: I just noticed several same photos on different (wrong) locations. What to do?

@StephenAbraham wrote:

@VinkoV If we as Local Guides find certain photos in Google Maps that don't belong to a particular location, open the photo, and click the Flag icon, and select "Not a photo or video of the place". And if the photo is in the right location, no report or flag is required. The back-end process will decide on whether to keep or remove the flag photos based on Local Guides feedback as above. If a photo of a place is not flagged, then there will be no change. So ideally, all the wrong locations' photos will be removed leaving the right one in place.

=== replying to VinkoV ‎18-06-2017 01:40 AM ===

I know that, but this photo is very nice. Do you agree? I do not mind if this one excellent photo is put on several locations, like on the location of particular church, on the part of the city, on the city, on the region, on the state. But I do mind if this is put on other locations, which has no connection at all. What to do? Google moderators will probably delete this fantastic picture from all locations. 

@StephenAbrahamBut on some photos there is a fllag, and on the same photo but on another platform, there is no flag. Why is that? Also i am having some problems posting this answer - 202FF3B9-F712-4329-82A4-940BFCA3FC93.png

Level 10

@Dontcry43 unfortunately I can't see what you are looking at, so I don't understand the situation. You may need to explain in more detail or provide a screen shot picture here, as long as it doesn't contain any personal data. We can try to help.

What I was saying is if we went to Google Maps to any location and if we notice a wrong photo in a particular location in Google Maps (either app or web browser), open the picture, and somewhere on screen, there should be a flag icon, use that to flag the photo.