JosM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

I feel stupid

Is it me or is the way streetview and local guides program works just like a thick mist?

So I bought a 360 camera and started shooting. Lovely. posted them on the account of the company I took the photos and had them transferred.

Then all the pictures where gone for a while. I was confused, was my logo to big? Was ther to much text in the picture? was the picture not clear enough? Nobody knows cause there is nobody you can ask. Just trial and error and wait...

Well, my pictures are back! About 100 of them are accepted and you can view them in streetview and on maps. Great! My localguides account tells me however I have 10 pictures accepted... So I am confused. Even more while one location I made pictures is still invisible while the pictures are sharp, bright, indoor and outdoor, according to the rules but invisible... And while posting this I allready know I wil never find the answer because I can't find my previous post either.

So friends at Google, please make this work a little more people friendly and give some more info on accepted or rejected pictures... please?

Buscamper Nederland B.V., Pascalweg, Culemborg, Nederland
1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: I feel stupid

Hi @JosM! No need to feel bad, please always ask your questions here 🙂 The Street View team recently encountered a bug that it sounds like affected you too. Glad your photos are back. Local Guides points are only given to 360 photos that are attached to a place (a POI in map-speak) and you only get one point per place regardless of how many photos are added to that place. I hope that clears up any discrepancies 🙂