gillenl's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

I am a Google trusted photographer: How do i link photos to go inside a business

I am a google trusted photographer, I have tried the connectivity editor and it isnt exactly a great option, is there another way to go this for google street view?

ALSO, how do i then join the images ive connected, to Google street view? Google Maps?

AND, How do i turn on the option to "see inside" when i am connected to Google Business?

Thank you, any help welcome.

6 comments
Level 10

Re: I am a Google trusted photographer: How do i link photos to go inside a business

Hi @gillenl i will try to answer your questions:

@gillenl wrote:

I am a google trusted photographer, I have tried the connectivity editor and it isnt exactly a great option, is there another way to go this for google street view?

ALSO, how do i then join the images ive connected, to Google street view? Google Maps?

AND, How do i turn on the option to "see inside" when i am connected to Google Business?

Thank you, any help welcome.

You cannot use other tools apart of the SV App on your smartphone/tablet.

You cannot link your images to Street View, and this option is not available since a lot of time: simply, sometimes works sometimes no.

The "see inside" thumbnail is going to disappear as july 2016.

Sorry, i think this is not what you expected.

Anyway, stay tuned, because with the release od SV API, something will change, after march 31.

Level 2

Re: I am a Google trusted photographer: How do i link photos to go inside a business

thanks, i was assuming these were the answers to my questions but hoping they wouldnt be, because the whole process seems clumpsy atm.

cheers

Level 7

See inside is no more, this feature is gone.

It's sad and I wish it will come back.

As you might understand, as it's not there anymore, you can't turn it on.

Today we place outside dots inside buildings, I have no idea why.

Connection spheres has a new bittersweet layout in the app Street View.

If you don't have it yet, downloaded it from google play.

I have no idea what the connectivity editor is, so what's going wrong there I don't know.

Today we use Street View app, big change in it since one month back.

When installed, open it.

Click on profile or swipe to the left.

Now you will see your name and amount of photos.

Slide it up or zoom in on map where you want to edit.

When you find your place your going to edit, slide the thing with your name on upwards.

Now the tricky part start.

Find the area you want to connect, tap on "Select"

Slide it up again, and guess what, tap on select again.

Now you can either mark sphere by sphere, or tap the 3 dots and select all.

When done, click on the 3 dots and select connect 360 Spheres.

Here you can toggle between map or satellite view.

Click on a dot with a number, you will see the sphere image appear below, and the other dots.

You will also see grey or white lines connecting your dots.

If you click on line, it means you connected these two images, click on it again, and you disconnect dots.

You can also move dots around to place then correct.

When your done with them all, hit the check it(V) thingi up in right corner.

Now it's saved.

Takes a while to get used to it(bitter), but when you do, it's quite sweet to use.

Practice makes perfect.

I think that covers it all.

Level 7

I think I miss read your question last time.

But still the orange dot is gone.

Connect a business to google street view maps is done with a trail of spheres to closest google street view sphere.

If a google street view sphere is within ~3 meters/10 feet, they will connect it later on, normally 1-5 days.

(If anybody has a better number then 3 meters/10 feet, feel free to share it.)

Here is an example https://goo.gl/maps/z5Ueakwy4XD2 where I first stopped at sidewalk, but realized that the google spheres was only done on other side of street.

With the risk of my life, I hade to connect it to other side of street, went back and added 2 more spheres, 2 days later it's now connected.

I noticed that both new spheres are connected to street view, so it might be up to 5 meters/15 feet distance.

Lucky me this was a job with not so high standard and Ricoh could do the hard work with me safely on the sidewalk.

Not sure if it's possible/allowed, but an option to not stand in the middle of the road and make spheres, could be to move last sphere next to a google sphere in street view app and when it's connected, move it back again to where it should be.

If it's allowed to play it safe?

Can you imagine standing on a busy road shooting 5 of 7 bracketed shots in each direction.

I could be without that thrill in my life.

Hope this was some kind of good news in the end at least.

Noticed a funky effect when spheres get connected to street view, it's like you can jump anywhere (if you seen the movie jumper) you will understand what I speak about.

Suddenly I'm in the office 3 doors away, and that is someone else's work.

Level 10

@PatricL just a suggestion (coming from first guidelines of SVT program): when you are entering a business place, keep the front door open

Schermata 2017-03-17 alle 08.08.19.png

You brave man! Looks like a dangerous place to take 360 on the road!

Level 7

I have an open door sphere, but customer didn't want it that way.

That's why it's closed.

I always take an open and closed picture at every door, as it take so little time extra and can save so much time in the end.

Traveling time was 3 hours (40km in city traffic) and taking 28 picture took 15 minutes, why not spend 2 minute extra and shoot the 2 doors he has open and closed.

Plus it has the same light, compared to if I have to go there again and take a second shot.

In this case I had to go back again anyway as google didn't connect it properly, but it wasn't in a hurry and I took the pictures when I passed the place anyway.

2 things to learn from this case, open or closed door, or both to be on the safe side.

Check where googles closest street view is, extend your tour all the way there and one extra to be on the safe side.