MasM3's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

How to report or remove unrelated images for a place?

Hi

Some guys add unrelated images in purpose to advertize their business or they think their images are funny, but actually they aren't and confuse people when they want to see proper and handy images for that place. I know some places (not too many) that attach with unrelated images. e.g a park (with a sheep in a bathroom!) or a super close-up polished nails of a woman to advertize her business for a public place!. Now I'd like to know how to report their useless, funny images to remove them and replace with helpful and right images that are related to those specific places to guide people for enjoying and understand those places when they are in or when they want to go there. How can you help or think for this issue? would you please help me please if there's a fix for that I don't know?

Thanks

Masoud

17 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: How to report or remove unrelated images for a place?

Hello @MasM3, its a good question. Thank you for question. As you find such photos then if you click on photos you can see three dots as shown in figure. Click on that sign and report the photo with reliable option. Also you can see 'report a problem' option. Thank you.How to report a photo?How to report a photo?

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hello @MasM3, its a good question. Thank you for question. As you find such photos then if you click on photos you can see three dots as shown in figure. Click on that sign and report the photo with reliable option. Also you can see 'report a problem' option. Thank you.How to report a photo?How to report a photo?

Level 7

How to really report a picture.

When you reported the same picture over 100 times for 1 year and you still see it on the map, what to do then?

And what about those spammers that have a boring day and get the nice idea to post copyrighted material as their own.

[INFORMATION REMOVED]

I have no word for this guy, he's like a goat farting out the same picture over and over again in different places.

He managed to collect 40 419 833 hits of windows wallpapers and I don't know what other junk there is.

Don't think you can find 1 correct placed image in his account.

[INFORMATION REMOVED]

As this people post wrong pictures on wrong places, no one can avoid clicking on them, and guess what... Their rating goes up and pictures start to show up everywhere.

And what category should you select when reporting it?

Non seam to fit the occasion.

Spam... -Possible.

Copyright... -Could be...

Hate or violence. -Nope...

Nudity... -Not yet...

Harassment... -Well, I feel  harassed, but no.

Not on the right spot... -Hmm, screensaver picture, should it even be on the map?

Doesn't help showing how this place looks like. -Could be...

Private, not suitable for google maps. -Now we're talking, but probably not...

Photo has security problems... -Not really.

Low quality... -Yes, some are just thumbnails.

Commercial, huge logotypes... -Not yet.

I need the option, delete this picture as soon as possible and warn user for miss use of google maps, it's not a backup for icons on phone, or whatever user uploads.

Isn't it possible to just ban their accounts? As they clearly don't follow any rules.

Why is it so hard to delete a picture of a beach in the national theater, or Eiffel tower in Montana.

At least block this users from spreading their garbage, let them think they sharing it, but only they can see it.

Some days, this is the only type of pictures I can see on google maps.

And it doesn't help me one bit.

Not to speak about all this brokers that upload computer generated houses for sale, that's not even built yet, how is it possible to be approved in the first place?

Google maps is running AMOK!

And I can only sitt back and see it happen in front of my eyes.

When Panoramio closed down, all their banned pictures surfaced again.

Is there a cure for all this?

Or is it the beginning of the fall?

Level 6

In my android phone, i click the unrelated images, then click the flag icon, then choose "wrong place"

Level 7

So, if you chose wrong place, it means there is a right place.

Where should we place this screensaver ikon?

Level 6

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

[IMAGE REMOVED]

foud Sorry.  I found  This person to be a spammer . Look at the same unrelated picture he aploaded In different lacations ! I reported some . But he added about 3000 pcs! What will Google Maps do about this please?

Level 7

From my experience, nothing at first, a few years later it might be removed.

Phone might be infected or an app might do this just for fun.

Level 6

He shared not the same image 3000 times.  But sometimes it is the same like the one I provided on photo.  he shared different unrelated images in differentccountries! 

Ialso rreceiveda  letter from Google just nowthat they may remove the photo that iIposted here on local guides as they don't want public to see 'private' info. But it is not private.  I found it when iItapped his pprofile from Google Maps App when I saw incorrect photo. Then iIwas shocked that the person posted 3000 pphotos on maps our of topic!!!

Level 6

@PatricL wrote:

Thank you!

He shared not the same image 3000 times.  But sometimes it is the same like the one I provided on photo.  he shared different unrelated images in differentccountries! 

Ialso rreceiveda  letter from Google just nowthat they may remove the photo that iIposted here on local guides as they don't want public to see 'private' info. But it is not private.  I found it when iItapped his pprofile from Google Maps App when I saw incorrect photo. Then iIwas shocked that the person posted 3000 pphotos on maps our of topic!!!

@PatricL wrote:

Level 6

@MariaB Tell me please how to contact the Team to repot a Google Map user who'sactivities iIssuspect to be a spam