simkamsan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to remove Samsung title

Dear team I try with my new Samsung gear 360 2017 after I upload to GSV it's saw Samsung title like in my attached picture here. I don't want to use exif software so we have any option with GSV?

Samsung titleSamsung title

Siem Reap, Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
5 comments
Level 8

Re: How to remove Samsung title

Just guessing here.  thinking you are shooting directly from the StreetView app to the camera.?   maybe try for kicks to shoot using the samsung app, save out to pictures.. then load the picture by selecting from the StreetView app and upload.. that may do the trick.. maybe 🙂

Bo

Level 8

Hi @BoLorentzen,

As I remembered, the v2017 of Samsung Gear cam is not SV compatible.  

Level 8

@YK1001  that was my thought also, but it seems he is uploading.  guessing "compatible" may be defined as working correctly.  saving to pictures should ditch the entire compatibility issue and simply treat the image as a jpg with or without GPS data embedded.  ?  
(my guess anyway.  ive had pretty good success uploading assorted incompatible older spherical files my airDropping to iPhone then uploading by selecting from image-roll)  

Level 8

Hi @BoLorentzen,

First of all, we need to know if the 360 Photo is captured using Samsung App or the SV App. 

For me, "incompatible" means the v2017 Gear cannot be connected to the SV app, like the KM360. 

If the 360 is captured using the Samsun App, then it becomes how to control what kind of Metadata is being injected into the 360 (from the Samsung App) and knowing how the SV App will be using those Metadata.  Then there should be a way to remove / edit those Metadata before publishing.

Level 8

Thank you @BoLorentzen to share your idea here, @YK1001 this SV captured by iPhone7 plus by using app (Gear 360) remote to Samsung Gear 360 Camera, then I have download and upload the same device to SV too. So I wonder why Metadata list name for Samsung?